Revenge is sweet (OT) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 06:01   #1 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Revenge is sweet (OT)

Why you shouldn't be impatient with old folk.

http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/granny.html

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-08-2006, 09:01   #2 (permalink)
john
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)

In message <42ck2mF1hkblsU1@individual.net>, Richard Brookman
<newsboy@nowhere.com> writes
> Why you shouldn't be impatient with old folk.
>
>http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/granny.html
>


Thanks Richard

Funniest thing I've seen this week!

--
John Lubran
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:01   #3 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)

john wrote:
> In message <42ck2mF1hkblsU1@individual.net>, Richard Brookman
> <newsboy@nowhere.com> writes
>> Why you shouldn't be impatient with old folk.
>>
>> http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/granny.html
>>

>
> Thanks Richard
>
> Funniest thing I've seen this week!


Very good indeed!!!

Nige


--
Subaru WRX
Range Rover LSE (Bob)

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:01   #4 (permalink)
Simon Isaacs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:57:42 -0000, "Richard Brookman"
<newsboy@nowhere.com> scribbled the following nonsense:

> Why you shouldn't be impatient with old folk.
>
>http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/granny.html


excellent, she even manages to set off the airbag, which must have
cost a fortune!!!!!!
--

Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
Green Lane Association (GLASS) Financial Director
101 Ambi, undergoing camper conversion www.simoni.co.uk
1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Make me an offer!
Suzuki SJ410 (Wife's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT
Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next
1993 200 TDi Discovery
1994 200 TDi Discovery body sheel, being bobbed and modded.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:02   #5 (permalink)
Derek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)


"Richard Brookman" <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:42ck2mF1hkblsU1@individual.net...
> Why you shouldn't be impatient with old folk.
>
> http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/granny.html
>
> --
> Rich
> ==============================
> Disco 300 Tdi auto
> S2a 88" SW
> Tiggrr (V8 trialler)

ROFLMAO
brilliant
Derek


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:02   #6 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)

....and Simon Isaacs spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...


> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:57:42 -0000, "Richard Brookman"
> <newsboy@nowhere.com> scribbled the following nonsense:
>
>> Why you shouldn't be impatient with old folk.
>>
>> http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/granny.html

>
> excellent, she even manages to set off the airbag, which must have
> cost a fortune!!!!!!


To me, that was the funny bit. Not the chuckles of the sk8ers, or the arse
getting what he deserved for harrassing an invalid pensioner, but the look
of bemused horror as the airbag slowly deflates in front of him. He's
getting out at the end - I would like to know what happened in the next 30
sec.

I thought airbags were supposed to deploy only in serious frontal impacts.
This was a half-loaded shopping bag! Mercedes quality control?

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 14:02   #7 (permalink)
Ian Rawlings
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)

On 2006-01-08, Richard Brookman <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote:

> I thought airbags were supposed to deploy only in serious frontal impacts.
> This was a half-loaded shopping bag! Mercedes quality control?


More like a fake video, perhaps as part of some comedy programme or
other. There's no puff of powdery smoke that I've seen when an airbag
explodes, they're inflated with a small explosive charge, and are
supposed to deflate immediately because they're not airtight (although
it does appear to deflate when he pushes it out of the way).

Also if the old lady is standing at the edge of the road and needs a
horn beeping to wake her up then why did he screetch to a stop in the
first place (which you don't see, only hear).

In the mpeg version of the video I've seen you can see the airbag take
about 1/3-1/2 of a second or so to inflate (you can see it take
shape), which seems far too slow for the descriptions of airbag
inflation I've seen in which it happens so fast that the air displaced
can supposedly harm hearing and/or blow out a window, and if it
happens too late or the driver is too close to the wheel, can cause
nasty injury.

Finally of course, it seems too funny to be true, especially the
comedic jump of the old woman just slumped there at the side of the
road, put together the whole thing just doesn't ring true. There's so
much fakery around that if it doesn't ring true it probably isn't.

--
Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 15:01   #8 (permalink)
Ian Rawlings
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)

On 2006-01-08, Ian Rawlings <news05@tarcus.org.uk> wrote:

> Finally of course, it seems too funny to be true, especially the
> comedic jump of the old woman just slumped there at the side of the
> road, put together the whole thing just doesn't ring true. There's so
> much fakery around that if it doesn't ring true it probably isn't.


Not to mention that only one airbag goes off and the force the old
lady puts on the crush can doesn't crush it and if it triggered at
that level of force it'd go off if you went over a speed bump too hard
or nudged a car when parking etc etc etc....

It's got to be a fake basically. Probably a cutting from an advert or
some comedy programme or sommat like that.

--
Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:01   #9 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)

....and Ian Rawlings spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...


> On 2006-01-08, Ian Rawlings <news05@tarcus.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Finally of course, it seems too funny to be true, especially the
>> comedic jump of the old woman just slumped there at the side of the
>> road, put together the whole thing just doesn't ring true. There's
>> so much fakery around that if it doesn't ring true it probably isn't.

>
> Not to mention that only one airbag goes off and the force the old
> lady puts on the crush can doesn't crush it and if it triggered at
> that level of force it'd go off if you went over a speed bump too hard
> or nudged a car when parking etc etc etc....
>
> It's got to be a fake basically. Probably a cutting from an advert or
> some comedy programme or sommat like that.


Big spoilsport.

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 13:01   #10 (permalink)
Ian Rawlings
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Revenge is sweet (OT)

On 2006-01-09, Richard Brookman <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Big spoilsport.


Sorry :-P

Well given the crap that people have been believing since the dawn of
time in churches and mosques etc all over the world, I'm sure you can
be forgiven suspending disbelief on this occasion!

--
Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.