To sell or not to sell............... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 12:01   #1 (permalink)
Phantom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
To sell or not to sell...............

Just been bid on my Landrover - what do I do..............???

Defender 90 County - 7 seater

300 tdi - 68K gen with full service history ( most main dealer ) Just done
the cam belt

Years MOT

Tahiti blue

Alloys with 285 BF mud terrains - new this summer

Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet

Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer

Help!

Regards


Lee


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-20-2005, 13:01   #2 (permalink)
Steve
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............

Phantom wrote:

> Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet
>
> Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer


Year ?

Steve
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 13:01   #3 (permalink)
Phantom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............

Sorry - 96

Lee
"Steve" <steve@thetaylorfamily.org.uk> wrote in message
news:43a867fa$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
> Phantom wrote:
>
>> Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet
>>
>> Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer

>
> Year ?
>
> Steve



  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 14:01   #4 (permalink)
scruttocks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............

Phantom wrote:

> Just been bid on my Landrover - what do I do..............???

snip
>
> Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer
>


Not a great time of year to be shifting any vehicle, have a search on
the autotrader website, check the pricing on similar spec landies, see
if what you actually *want* for it is realistic in the market. Bear in
mind dealers will be more open to negotiation at this time of year too.

If you need the cash now and the 8k sounds reasonable after the
research, open with explaining why it's worth what you are asking and
what *doesn't* need doing to it. Tell him it's his for 8.5k, you can
wait until the new year if you have to. Let him explain why it's only
worth 8k.

If you can wait, valet it properly in the new year and advertise it
again. Keep it clean and make sure it's spotless before any viewings.

With a bit of luck the new year may bring some decent snow which will
focus the buyers minds somewhat :-).

Good luck !


--
scruttocks
k12rs r80g/s sIIa
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 14:01   #5 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............

On or around Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:36:58 +0000 (UTC), "Phantom"
<elloello@btopenworld.com> enlightened us thusly:

>Just been bid on my Landrover - what do I do..............???
>
>Defender 90 County - 7 seater
>
>300 tdi - 68K gen with full service history ( most main dealer ) Just done
>the cam belt
>
>Years MOT
>
>Tahiti blue
>
>Alloys with 285 BF mud terrains - new this summer
>
>Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet
>
>Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer


There's a '98 with lower mileage than yours currently sitting at 8850-odd on
ebay with 20 hours to go.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt"
(confound the men who have made our remarks before us.)
Aelius Donatus (4th Cent.) [St. Jerome, Commentary on Ecclesiastes]
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 15:01   #6 (permalink)
Badger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............


"Austin Shackles" <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote in message
news:7htgq150djko5e64fcpkm81f37vnjpt2if@4ax.com...
> On or around Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:36:58 +0000 (UTC), "Phantom"
> <elloello@btopenworld.com> enlightened us thusly:
>
>>Just been bid on my Landrover - what do I do..............???
>>
>>Defender 90 County - 7 seater
>>
>>300 tdi - 68K gen with full service history ( most main dealer ) Just done
>>the cam belt
>>
>>Years MOT
>>
>>Tahiti blue
>>
>>Alloys with 285 BF mud terrains - new this summer
>>
>>Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet
>>
>>Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer

>
> There's a '98 with lower mileage than yours currently sitting at 8850-odd
> on
> ebay with 20 hours to go.


And you can pick up clean Disco II's for 9k nowadays, that has to be
considered when valuing an older model. personally, I'd take the 8k and run
for a '96 model!
Badger.


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 16:01   #7 (permalink)
McBad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............


"Phantom" <elloello@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:do9mgq$dn9$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Just been bid on my Landrover - what do I do..............???
>
> Defender 90 County - 7 seater
>
> 300 tdi - 68K gen with full service history ( most main dealer ) Just done
> the cam belt
>
> Years MOT
>
> Tahiti blue
>
> Alloys with 285 BF mud terrains - new this summer
>
> Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet
>
> Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer
>
> Help!
>
> Regards
>
>
> Lee
>
>


That sounds low to me as well; I think you should be looking nearer 10k (on
the basis of info provided). There is no comparision between a Defender and
a Disco; the latter are cheap as chips because the market is flooded.
People still want Defenders...

If you can hold out for a better price.

M.

( 300tdi 90 Defender, 1994, absolutely not interested in selling.)


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 16:01   #8 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............

On or around Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:25:53 +0000 (UTC), "Badger"
<brianhatton@btinternet.com> enlightened us thusly:

>
>"Austin Shackles" <austinNOSPAM@ddol-las.net> wrote in message
>news:7htgq150djko5e64fcpkm81f37vnjpt2if@4ax.com...
>> On or around Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:36:58 +0000 (UTC), "Phantom"
>> <elloello@btopenworld.com> enlightened us thusly:
>>
>>>Just been bid on my Landrover - what do I do..............???
>>>
>>>Defender 90 County - 7 seater
>>>
>>>300 tdi - 68K gen with full service history ( most main dealer ) Just done
>>>the cam belt
>>>
>>>Years MOT
>>>
>>>Tahiti blue
>>>
>>>Alloys with 285 BF mud terrains - new this summer
>>>
>>>Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet
>>>
>>>Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer

>>
>> There's a '98 with lower mileage than yours currently sitting at 8850-odd
>> on
>> ebay with 20 hours to go.

>
>And you can pick up clean Disco II's for 9k nowadays, that has to be
>considered when valuing an older model. personally, I'd take the 8k and run
>for a '96 model!
>Badger.
>


although 90s seem to fetch more than discos. Especially disco Is.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
Confidence: Before important work meetings, boost your confidence by
reading a few pages from "The Tibetan Book of the Dead"
from the Little Book of Complete B***ocks by Alistair Beaton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:01   #9 (permalink)
Phantom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............

That's what I was thinking - you see similar 90's to mine in the mags
9 -11k.

Decisions, decisions!!


Lee


"McBad" <mcbad@NOSPAMglobalnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:R6KdnZyiH9u1CzXenZ2dnUVZ8qmdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk...
>
> "Phantom" <elloello@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> news:do9mgq$dn9$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> Just been bid on my Landrover - what do I do..............???
>>
>> Defender 90 County - 7 seater
>>
>> 300 tdi - 68K gen with full service history ( most main dealer ) Just
>> done
>> the cam belt
>>
>> Years MOT
>>
>> Tahiti blue
>>
>> Alloys with 285 BF mud terrains - new this summer
>>
>> Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet
>>
>> Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer
>>
>> Help!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>
>> Lee
>>
>>

>
> That sounds low to me as well; I think you should be looking nearer 10k
> (on
> the basis of info provided). There is no comparision between a Defender
> and
> a Disco; the latter are cheap as chips because the market is flooded.
> People still want Defenders...
>
> If you can hold out for a better price.
>
> M.
>
> ( 300tdi 90 Defender, 1994, absolutely not interested in selling.)
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:01   #10 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: To sell or not to sell...............

On or around Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:47:33 +0000 (UTC), "Phantom"
<elloello@btopenworld.com> enlightened us thusly:

>That's what I was thinking - you see similar 90's to mine in the mags
>9 -11k.
>
>Decisions, decisions!!


Trouble with adverts in comics, you never normally find out what they
actually sold for.

try watching a few similar ones on ebay, see what they run to, is my way of
judging things. eBay seems to reflect the market reasonably accurately,
provided you have enough samples. There's always the odd one that ends up
cheap, but these days, super-ebay-bargains are rare - too many clued-up
people on it now :-(
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"'Tis a mad world, my masters" John Taylor (1580-1633) Western Voyage, 1
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.