static zapped the wife! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #1 (permalink)
MVP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
static zapped the wife!

my wife keeps getting a little static zap from the door when she gets
out, I think it may be just that door or maybe it's because she
usually gets out before me (shame that heheheh).. ahem. anyway,
assuming it's just the door I imagine it's a case of making sure it's
earthed to the rest of the body. but if it's the whole body that's
holding a bit of static charge then how do I deal with it? what causes
it? it's a fairly recent quirk but I can't think what has changed that
may cause it.

your thoughts ladies and gentlemen please, before it starts zapping me
too.

PS, maybe it heard me mention the possibility of getting a disco that
upset it.... jealous things land rovers...


Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
--
_________________________________________
1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
(3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
www.4x4info.info
www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
_________________________________________



.................................................................
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #2 (permalink)
johnty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!


"MVP" <mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> wrote in message
news:co61315dbjn63b84popca747d4c03j3io4@4ax.com...
> my wife keeps getting a little static zap from the door when she gets
> out, I think it may be just that door or maybe it's because she
> usually gets out before me (shame that heheheh).. ahem. anyway,
> assuming it's just the door I imagine it's a case of making sure it's
> earthed to the rest of the body. but if it's the whole body that's
> holding a bit of static charge then how do I deal with it? what causes
> it? it's a fairly recent quirk but I can't think what has changed that
> may cause it.
>
> your thoughts ladies and gentlemen please, before it starts zapping me
> too.
>
> PS, maybe it heard me mention the possibility of getting a disco that
> upset it.... jealous things land rovers...
>
>
> Regards.
> Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
> --
> _________________________________________
> 1984 110 CSW 2.5(na)D
> (3,000 rivets flying in close formation)
> www.4x4info.info
> www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk
> www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
> _________________________________________
>
>
>
> ................................................................
> Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
> >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

> -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-


You say its a recent thing....how recent ? Since you had the new tyres
fitted perhaps ?

I seem to remember reading somewhere how different tyre compounds insulating
the vehicle and allowing a static charge to build up etc

Perhaps she needs to wear better insulated shoes !!!


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #3 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!

So johnty was, like

> > I seem to remember reading somewhere how different tyre compounds
> > insulating the vehicle and allowing a static charge to build up etc

>
> Perhaps she needs to wear better insulated shoes !!!


Or just don't let her out.

--

Rich

Pas d'elle yeux Rhone que nous


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #4 (permalink)
jamsan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!

I have the same with my Toyota.
Only I get shocked and not my wife.
Usually depends what you are wearing as u slide out of the seat, the more
synthetic the better the charge.
I get a hell of a belt especially in summer months.
No solution other than pushing the door closed by touching the rubber strip
instead of body panel.
Good luck
James
Richard Brookman <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:39blc0F5u3f4aU1@individual.net...
> So johnty was, like
>
> > > I seem to remember reading somewhere how different tyre compounds
> > > insulating the vehicle and allowing a static charge to build up etc

> >
> > Perhaps she needs to wear better insulated shoes !!!

>
> Or just don't let her out.
>
> --
>
> Rich
>
> Pas d'elle yeux Rhone que nous
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #5 (permalink)
EMB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!

MVP wrote:
> my wife keeps getting a little static zap from the door when she gets
> out, I think it may be just that door or maybe it's because she
> usually gets out before me (shame that heheheh).. ahem. anyway,
> assuming it's just the door I imagine it's a case of making sure it's
> earthed to the rest of the body. but if it's the whole body that's
> holding a bit of static charge then how do I deal with it? what causes
> it? it's a fairly recent quirk but I can't think what has changed that
> may cause it.
>
> your thoughts ladies and gentlemen please, before it starts zapping me
> too.


Trade the wife in for a non-conductive model? :-)


--
EMB
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #6 (permalink)
Huw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!


"EMB" <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:d0q9gn$ovo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> MVP wrote:
>> my wife keeps getting a little static zap from the door when she gets
>> out, I think it may be just that door or maybe it's because she
>> usually gets out before me (shame that heheheh).. ahem. anyway,
>> assuming it's just the door I imagine it's a case of making sure it's
>> earthed to the rest of the body. but if it's the whole body that's
>> holding a bit of static charge then how do I deal with it? what causes
>> it? it's a fairly recent quirk but I can't think what has changed that
>> may cause it.
>>
>> your thoughts ladies and gentlemen please, before it starts zapping me
>> too.

>
> Trade the wife in for a non-conductive model? :-)
>
>


Not politically correct but a good seeing-to usually sorts them out and is
less bother than trading in.

Only kidding GDARFC.

Huw


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #7 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!

On or around Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:56:56 -0500, "jamsan"
<jamsan@freemail.absa.co.za> enlightened us thusly:

>I have the same with my Toyota.
>Only I get shocked and not my wife.
>Usually depends what you are wearing as u slide out of the seat, the more
>synthetic the better the charge.
>I get a hell of a belt especially in summer months.
>No solution other than pushing the door closed by touching the rubber strip
>instead of body panel.


make sure you hold a bare metal bit of the body (door latch plate is good)
as you get out until you're standing on the ground.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk." Pink Floyd (1994)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #8 (permalink)
Colonel Tupperware
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:12:22 +0000, MVP <mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net>
wrote:

>my wife keeps getting a little static zap from the door when she gets
>out, I think it may be just that door or maybe it's because she
>usually gets out before me (shame that heheheh).. ahem. anyway,
>assuming it's just the door I imagine it's a case of making sure it's
>earthed to the rest of the body. but if it's the whole body that's
>holding a bit of static charge then how do I deal with it? what causes
>it? it's a fairly recent quirk but I can't think what has changed that
>may cause it.
>
>

Tell her stop wearing nylon knickers.

--
ColonelTupperware,
spouting bollocks on Usenet since 1997
Usenet FAQ at
http://www.its.caltech.edu/its/servi...ws/news2.shtml
UPCE FAQ at http://upce.org.uk/ UKRM FAQ at http://www.ukrm.net/faq/
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #9 (permalink)
GbH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!

In news:co61315dbjn63b84popca747d4c03j3io4@4ax.com,
MVP <mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net> blithered:
> my wife keeps getting a little static zap from the door when she gets
> out, I think it may be just that door or maybe it's because she
> usually gets out before me (shame that heheheh).. ahem. anyway,
> assuming it's just the door I imagine it's a case of making sure it's
> earthed to the rest of the body. but if it's the whole body that's
> holding a bit of static charge then how do I deal with it? what causes
> it? it's a fairly recent quirk but I can't think what has changed that
> may cause it.
>
> your thoughts ladies and gentlemen please, before it starts zapping me
> too.
>
> PS, maybe it heard me mention the possibility of getting a disco that
> upset it.... jealous things land rovers...
>
>
> Regards.
> Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)


What you need is a resistive pad attatched to whatever she has hold of when she
gets zapped, that'll reduce the discharge to a more comfortable level. Many
vehicles where zapping is prevelent have such pads on the door pulls and the like.

--
"He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt him doing it."

If at first you don't succeed,
maybe skydiving's not for you!


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13   #10 (permalink)
Detrious
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: static zapped the wife!

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:12:22 +0000, MVP <mr.nice@*nospam*softhome.net>
wrote:

>my wife keeps getting a little static zap from the door when she gets
>out, I think it may be just that door or maybe it's because she
>usually gets out before me (shame that heheheh).. ahem. anyway,
>assuming it's just the door I imagine it's a case of making sure it's
>earthed to the rest of the body. but if it's the whole body that's
>holding a bit of static charge then how do I deal with it? what causes
>it? it's a fairly recent quirk but I can't think what has changed that
>may cause it.
>
>your thoughts ladies and gentlemen please, before it starts zapping me
>too.
>



I have the same problem at work thanks to the cheap NHS blankets we
carry on the vehicle.
I find that if I touch my ring to something metal, it earths through
that and doesn't hurt as the ring is tight against my finger.

D
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:37.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.