Steering Wheel Knob - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
Alex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Steering Wheel Knob

Anyone know a good source for steering wheel knobs? You know, the ones
truck drivers have. I need one to anchor to the spoke on a wheel
ideally, not the rim. The examples i've seen in Halfrauds/TMC etc are
all made of shitty materials and look like they'll last about 15
minutes when in constant use on a landrover

TIA

Alex
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-16-2005, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Steering Wheel Knob

so Alex was, like...
> Anyone know a good source for steering wheel knobs? You know, the ones
> truck drivers have. I need one to anchor to the spoke on a wheel
> ideally, not the rim. The examples i've seen in Halfrauds/TMC etc are
> all made of shitty materials and look like they'll last about 15
> minutes when in constant use on a landrover
>
> TIA
>
> Alex


I got mine off an ebay seller in (I think) Ireland. Works well on the
trialler, where it does get a bit of hammer. You could also try suppliers
of equipment for the disabled, as these are often fitted as part of
modifications for someone with limited arm mobility.

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 14:01   #3 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Steering Wheel Knob

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:58:07 +0100, "Richard Brookman"
<newsboy@nowhere.com> enlightened us thusly:

>so Alex was, like...
>> Anyone know a good source for steering wheel knobs? You know, the ones
>> truck drivers have. I need one to anchor to the spoke on a wheel
>> ideally, not the rim. The examples i've seen in Halfrauds/TMC etc are
>> all made of shitty materials and look like they'll last about 15
>> minutes when in constant use on a landrover
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Alex

>
>I got mine off an ebay seller in (I think) Ireland. Works well on the
>trialler, where it does get a bit of hammer. You could also try suppliers
>of equipment for the disabled, as these are often fitted as part of
>modifications for someone with limited arm mobility.


or agricultural supplies places, for fitting to tractors.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"There are three sorts of people in the world - those who can count,
and those who can't" (Anon)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 17:02   #4 (permalink)
Alex
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Steering Wheel Knob

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:58:07 +0100, "Richard Brookman"
<newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote:

>so Alex was, like...
>> Anyone know a good source for steering wheel knobs? You know, the ones
>> truck drivers have. I need one to anchor to the spoke on a wheel
>> ideally, not the rim. The examples i've seen in Halfrauds/TMC etc are
>> all made of shitty materials and look like they'll last about 15
>> minutes when in constant use on a landrover
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Alex

>
>I got mine off an ebay seller in (I think) Ireland. Works well on the
>trialler, where it does get a bit of hammer. You could also try suppliers
>of equipment for the disabled, as these are often fitted as part of
>modifications for someone with limited arm mobility.


This is what i really require. I don't know if there is a standard for
these things, but i'm quite sure the halfrauds ones don't comply with
any known standard. They certainly aren't TUV approved.

Alex
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 18:01   #5 (permalink)
Larry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Steering Wheel Knob

Indeed those supplied as adaptations for disabled drivers are usually braced
by a bar that fits accross the wheel.


--
Larry
Series 3 rust and holes

"Alex" <nospam.alex@cbmsys.co.uk> wrote in message
news:7jr4g1h63lhftsp3m2dhm097oc2ahe54j9@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:58:07 +0100, "Richard Brookman"
> <newsboy@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>
> This is what i really require. I don't know if there is a standard for
> these things, but i'm quite sure the halfrauds ones don't comply with
> any known standard. They certainly aren't TUV approved.
>
> Alex



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 15:01   #6 (permalink)
bones
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Steering Wheel Knob


"Alex" <nospam.alex@cbmsys.co.uk> wrote in message
news:fdg4g193i0pchq236magh5nh5mms2t9bt8@4ax.com...
> Anyone know a good source for steering wheel knobs? You know, the ones
> truck drivers have. I need one to anchor to the spoke on a wheel
> ideally, not the rim. The examples i've seen in Halfrauds/TMC etc are
> all made of shitty materials and look like they'll last about 15
> minutes when in constant use on a landrover
>
> TIA
>
> Alex


Try truckstuff.co.uk.

They are not listed on their site but you could email them.I had a metal one
on my 90 that hurt like hell after a while.
The leather ones are much more comfortable as are the ivory ones.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 15:01   #7 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Steering Wheel Knob

bones wrote:
> "Alex" <nospam.alex@cbmsys.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:fdg4g193i0pchq236magh5nh5mms2t9bt8@4ax.com...
>> Anyone know a good source for steering wheel knobs? You know, the
>> ones truck drivers have. I need one to anchor to the spoke on a wheel
>> ideally, not the rim. The examples i've seen in Halfrauds/TMC etc are
>> all made of shitty materials and look like they'll last about 15
>> minutes when in constant use on a landrover
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Alex

>
> Try truckstuff.co.uk.
>
> They are not listed on their site but you could email them.I had a
> metal one on my 90 that hurt like hell after a while.
> The leather ones are much more comfortable as are the ivory ones.


I somehow don't think they'll be real ivory though!!!

Mige

--
Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 13:01   #8 (permalink)
Tony
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Steering Wheel Knob


"bones" <hectichouse2005@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4303acdb$1_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>
> "Alex" <nospam.alex@cbmsys.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:fdg4g193i0pchq236magh5nh5mms2t9bt8@4ax.com...
>> Anyone know a good source for steering wheel knobs? You know, the ones
>> truck drivers have. I need one to anchor to the spoke on a wheel
>> ideally, not the rim. The examples i've seen in Halfrauds/TMC etc are
>> all made of shitty materials and look like they'll last about 15
>> minutes when in constant use on a landrover
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Alex

>
> Try truckstuff.co.uk.
>
> They are not listed on their site but you could email them.I had a metal
> one on my 90 that hurt like hell after a while.
> The leather ones are much more comfortable as are the ivory ones.
>
>

Not that comfortable for the ivory donor..............


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 14:01   #9 (permalink)
bones
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Steering Wheel Knob


"Tony" <tony417@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:f35Ne.11716$wh6.9781@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
>
> "bones" <hectichouse2005@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:4303acdb$1_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>>
>> "Alex" <nospam.alex@cbmsys.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:fdg4g193i0pchq236magh5nh5mms2t9bt8@4ax.com...
>>> Anyone know a good source for steering wheel knobs? You know, the ones
>>> truck drivers have. I need one to anchor to the spoke on a wheel
>>> ideally, not the rim. The examples i've seen in Halfrauds/TMC etc are
>>> all made of shitty materials and look like they'll last about 15
>>> minutes when in constant use on a landrover
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Alex

>>
>> Try truckstuff.co.uk.
>>
>> They are not listed on their site but you could email them.I had a metal
>> one on my 90 that hurt like hell after a while.
>> The leather ones are much more comfortable as are the ivory ones.
>>
>>

> Not that comfortable for the ivory donor..............
>


I would like to point out that no elephants came to any harm in the making
of steering wheel knobs............


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 15:02   #10 (permalink)
steve Taylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Steering Wheel Knob

bones wrote:

> I would like to point out that no elephants came to any harm in the making
> of steering wheel knobs............


Yea, isn't there a new-ish craft plastic thats an almost identical
material as far as handling and carving go ?

Steve

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:30.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.