Stolen Disco - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2005, 16:01   #1 (permalink)
tomtom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Stolen Disco

I may be wrong but I thought that TD5 Discos were practically impossible to
steal without the keys !!!
Mine has just GONE, well within the last 2 days. Been away from home for a
few days.
Fully locked and keys (both sets) in a safe at work.
Neighbour says it was there on Wednesday PM.
Police have told me NOT to give out reg no as yet.
Dont understand that either.
I am 110% peeded off now, the best Disco I had ever had, and
I have had a few.
Left the defender, that was unlocked, as it dont lock, so now its back to
basics for the Missus.

Stu





  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-03-2005, 04:01   #2 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco

On or around Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:45:33 GMT, "tomtom" <jackyc30@hotmail.com>
enlightened us thusly:

>I may be wrong but I thought that TD5 Discos were practically impossible to
>steal without the keys !!!


anything can be nicked if you know how.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
Blue: The sky is blue for a reason. Blue light is a source of strength
and harmony in the cosmos. Create a blue light in your life by
telephoning the police
from the Little Book of Complete B***ocks by Alistair Beaton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:01   #3 (permalink)
Dougal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco

tomtom wrote:

> I may be wrong but I thought that TD5 Discos were practically impossible to
> steal without the keys !!!


The inability to enter / start / move etc. only applies to the
legitimate driver.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:01   #4 (permalink)
Paul
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco


"Dougal" <DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
news:CISdnS0scO1qFwzeRVnygA@eclipse.net.uk...
> tomtom wrote:
>
>> I may be wrong but I thought that TD5 Discos were practically impossible
>> to steal without the keys !!!

>
> The inability to enter / start / move etc. only applies to the legitimate
> driver.


i know someone who had an escort xr3i turbo nicked when they were popular,
the car was in a firms carpark with security on the main gate. they pulled
up in a tow truck and said they were taking it to a garage for repairs, the
guard even waved as they left towing it. it was found the same day at the
side of a main road minus its engine, gearbox, wheels and interior.


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:02   #5 (permalink)
Richard Brookman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco

....and Paul spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...


> "Dougal" <DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:CISdnS0scO1qFwzeRVnygA@eclipse.net.uk...
>> tomtom wrote:
>>
>>> I may be wrong but I thought that TD5 Discos were practically
>>> impossible to steal without the keys !!!

>>
>> The inability to enter / start / move etc. only applies to the
>> legitimate driver.

>
> i know someone who had an escort xr3i turbo nicked when they were
> popular, the car was in a firms carpark with security on the main
> gate. they pulled up in a tow truck and said they were taking it to a
> garage for repairs, the guard even waved as they left towing it. it
> was found the same day at the side of a main road minus its engine,
> gearbox, wheels and interior.


Strange - chavs who nick your car and then carry out improvements :-)

--
Rich
==============================
Disco 300 Tdi auto
S2a 88" SW
Tiggrr (V8 trialler)


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:01   #6 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco

On or around Sat, 3 Dec 2005 14:34:21 -0000, "Richard Brookman"
<newsboy@nowhere.com> enlightened us thusly:

>
>Strange - chavs who nick your car and then carry out improvements :-)


<splutter>
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"Where they make a desert they call it peace" Tacitus (c.55 - c.117)
Agricola, 30
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:01   #7 (permalink)
Marc Draper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco

In message <h84kf.125632$Es4.73514@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, tomtom
<jackyc30@hotmail.com> writes
>I may be wrong but I thought that TD5 Discos were practically impossible to
>steal without the keys !!!
>Mine has just GONE, well within the last 2 days. Been away from home for a
>few days.
>Fully locked and keys (both sets) in a safe at work.
>Neighbour says it was there on Wednesday PM.
>Police have told me NOT to give out reg no as yet.
>Dont understand that either.
>I am 110% peeded off now, the best Disco I had ever had, and
>I have had a few.
>Left the defender, that was unlocked, as it dont lock, so now its back to
>basics for the Missus.




Chances are it was taken on the back of a lorry.

Easy to break in, easy to get steering lock off. But as you say a real
sod to start without key.

Unless you have had it serviced recently and someone has added a key to
the list of key fobs in the ECU. Then it is a piece of cake.
--
Marc Draper
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:01   #8 (permalink)
Austin Shackles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco

On or around Sat, 3 Dec 2005 17:43:52 +0000, Marc Draper
<marc@mdeng.demon.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>
>Easy to break in, easy to get steering lock off. But as you say a real
>sod to start without key.
>
>Unless you have had it serviced recently and someone has added a key to
>the list of key fobs in the ECU. Then it is a piece of cake.


coo, that's a nice back-door.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that
"There is plenty of time to win this game, and to thrash the Spaniards
too" Sir Francis Drake (1540? - 1596) Attr. saying when the Armarda was
sighted, 20th July 1588
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 13:01   #9 (permalink)
Dave Liquorice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 17:43:52 +0000, Marc Draper wrote:

> Easy to break in, easy to get steering lock off.


I was thinking of crawling underneath and cutting the handbrake cable,
always assuming that you don't need the steering on a straight pull
onto the back of a lorry.

Alternatively just pick it up, like they do in cities when you over
run your meter by 5min...

> But as you say a real sod to start without key.
>
> Unless you have had it serviced recently and someone has added a key
> to the list of key fobs in the ECU. Then it is a piece of cake.


Nasty but ISTR that the ECU can only hold two keys and the up/down
remote. Hum, worth checking that both your keys work when ever the car
come back from a service?

--
Cheers new5pam@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail



  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:01   #10 (permalink)
Marc Draper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stolen Disco

>>Unless you have had it serviced recently and someone has added a key to
>>the list of key fobs in the ECU. Then it is a piece of cake.

>
>coo, that's a nice back-door.


Applies to all LR products and probably many other makes.

You can add at least one extra key fob via testbook or other system.

--
Marc Draper
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.