Xenon headlamps - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 06:01   #1 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Xenon headlamps

For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw some in a kind of review. Anyone used
them, they are a direct replacement for halogen type lamps.

Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?

Nige

--
Subaru WRX
Range Rover LSE (Bob)

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-27-2005, 06:01   #2 (permalink)
GbH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps

Nige wrote:
> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw
> some in a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct
> replacement for halogen type lamps.
> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?
>
> Nige
>
> --
> Subaru WRX
> Range Rover LSE (Bob)
>
> '"gimme the f*ckin' money"


IIRC Xenon is a halogen!

--
If Your specification is vague or imprecise, you'll likely get what you
asked for not what you wanted!

He who says it cannot be done would be wise not to interrupt her doing
it.


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02   #3 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps


"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message
news:4389b502$0$63075$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
> Nige wrote:
>> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw
>> some in a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct
>> replacement for halogen type lamps.
>> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?
>>
>> Nige
>>
>> --
>> Subaru WRX
>> Range Rover LSE (Bob)
>>
>> '"gimme the f*ckin' money"

>
> IIRC Xenon is a halogen!
>


I think you really knew what i meant didn't you?

> --
> If Your specification is vague or imprecise, you'll likely get what you
> asked for not what you wanted!
>
> He who says it cannot be done would be wise not to interrupt her doing
> it.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02   #4 (permalink)
Derek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps


"Nige" <nigel.inceBUGGEROFF@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:3utqj8F12ruueU1@individual.net...
> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw some in
> a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct replacement for
> halogen type lamps.
>
> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?
>
> Nige
>
> --
> Subaru WRX
> Range Rover LSE (Bob)
>
> '"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Yes xenon/halogen lamps from halfrauds and reputable parts dealers
everywhere and IMO well worth the money. I found a real improvement I drive
home down unlit lanes .Look out for the double packs and save a few quid.Not
to be confused with HID xenon projectors ( or summat like that) which
aren't a direct replacement and are feckin dear.There is a test of major
brands posted somewhere on the web but for the life of me I can't find it I
think mine were branded 30+ but there are loads to go at.
Derek


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02   #5 (permalink)
Nige
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps

Derek wrote:
> "Nige" <nigel.inceBUGGEROFF@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:3utqj8F12ruueU1@individual.net...
>> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw
>> some in a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct
>> replacement for halogen type lamps.
>>
>> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?
>>
>> Nige
>>
>> --
>> Subaru WRX
>> Range Rover LSE (Bob)
>>
>> '"gimme the f*ckin' money"

> Yes xenon/halogen lamps from halfrauds and reputable parts dealers
> everywhere and IMO well worth the money. I found a real improvement I
> drive home down unlit lanes .Look out for the double packs and save a
> few quid.Not to be confused with HID xenon projectors ( or summat
> like that) which aren't a direct replacement and are feckin
> dear.There is a test of major brands posted somewhere on the web but
> for the life of me I can't find it I think mine were branded 30+ but
> there are loads to go at. Derek


Yeah, i have done some research, HID are totally different, my wifes Golf Gti has them. Anyone know what
H number a RRC LSE would take? H7 possibly?

Cheers Derek

Nige


--
Subaru WRX
Range Rover LSE (Bob)

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:01   #6 (permalink)
Derek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps


"Nige" <nigel.inceBUGGEROFF@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:3utuvnF13a7paU1@individual.net...
> Derek wrote:
>> "Nige" <nigel.inceBUGGEROFF@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> news:3utqj8F12ruueU1@individual.net...
>>> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw
>>> some in a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct
>>> replacement for halogen type lamps.
>>>
>>> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?
>>>
>>> Nige
>>>
>>> --
>>> Subaru WRX
>>> Range Rover LSE (Bob)
>>>
>>> '"gimme the f*ckin' money"

>> Yes xenon/halogen lamps from halfrauds and reputable parts dealers
>> everywhere and IMO well worth the money. I found a real improvement I
>> drive home down unlit lanes .Look out for the double packs and save a
>> few quid.Not to be confused with HID xenon projectors ( or summat
>> like that) which aren't a direct replacement and are feckin
>> dear.There is a test of major brands posted somewhere on the web but
>> for the life of me I can't find it I think mine were branded 30+ but
>> there are loads to go at. Derek

>
> Yeah, i have done some research, HID are totally different, my wifes Golf
> Gti has them. Anyone know what H number a RRC LSE would take? H7 possibly?
>
> Cheers Derek
>
> Nige
>
>
> --
> Subaru WRX
> Range Rover LSE (Bob)
>
> '"gimme the f*ckin' money"

No unless they changed em after '89 H4's I think you will find it embossed
on the metal cap if you pull one out (oo-er missus)
Derek


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:01   #7 (permalink)
PDannyD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps

On Sunday 27 November 2005 13:28, Nige [nigel.inceBUGGEROFF@btinternet.com]
wrote in message <3utqj8F12ruueU1@individual.net>

> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw some in
> a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct replacement for
> halogen type lamps.
>
> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?


Too good. :-(
Oncoming traffic with normal headlights will struggle to see where they're
going.

If you do go for exceedingly bright lights then for the sake of all around
you get them adjusted properly. The better you can see, the worse oncoming
drivers can see.

--
S3 SWB Petrol Hard-top
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:02   #8 (permalink)
Huw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps

PDannyD wrote:
> On Sunday 27 November 2005 13:28, Nige
> [nigel.inceBUGGEROFF@btinternet.com] wrote in message
> <3utqj8F12ruueU1@individual.net>
>
>> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw
>> some in a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct
>> replacement for halogen type lamps.
>>
>> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?

>
> Too good. :-(
> Oncoming traffic with normal headlights will struggle to see where
> they're going.
>
> If you do go for exceedingly bright lights then for the sake of all
> around you get them adjusted properly. The better you can see, the
> worse oncoming drivers can see.


There speaks a man driving a Series LR with sealed beams of half a candle
power each.

Huw


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:01   #9 (permalink)
Badger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps


"Huw" <hedydd[nospam]@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3uu6j5F13diohU1@individual.net...
> PDannyD wrote:
>> On Sunday 27 November 2005 13:28, Nige
>> [nigel.inceBUGGEROFF@btinternet.com] wrote in message
>> <3utqj8F12ruueU1@individual.net>
>>
>>> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw
>>> some in a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct
>>> replacement for halogen type lamps.
>>>
>>> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?

>>
>> Too good. :-(
>> Oncoming traffic with normal headlights will struggle to see where
>> they're going.
>>
>> If you do go for exceedingly bright lights then for the sake of all
>> around you get them adjusted properly. The better you can see, the
>> worse oncoming drivers can see.

>
> There speaks a man driving a Series LR with sealed beams of half a candle
> power each.


Not necessarily just affecting those with sealed-candle lamps , there is an
ever-increasing trend amongst youthful car owners in particular to "upgrade"
their headlights with easily obtainable HID Xenon kits, problem is, it's
illegal! It is a legal requirement under construction and use regs that
Xenon HID lights must be automatically controlled for height via sensors in
the vehicles suspension, to prevent dazzle to oncoming traffic under all
conditions. I've had it out with 2 such local "chav's" and got them to go
and have them adjusted correctly, allbeit under the threat of a damn good
kicking if they dazzled me again!!
I've also failed cars presented for MOT's with them, for incorrect beam
pattern, normally no pattern at all. Very dangerous for other road users.
I just wish the totally useless local lazy bastard pigs would actually take
an interest and do something about it instead of sitting drinking tea all
night.
Badger.


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:01   #10 (permalink)
PDannyD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Xenon headlamps

On Sunday 27 November 2005 16:43, Huw [hedydd[nospam]@tiscali.co.uk] wrote
in message <3uu6j5F13diohU1@individual.net>

> PDannyD wrote:
>> On Sunday 27 November 2005 13:28, Nige
>> [nigel.inceBUGGEROFF@btinternet.com] wrote in message
>> <3utqj8F12ruueU1@individual.net>
>>
>>> For a RRC, I was reading this months Practical Classics mag & saw
>>> some in a kind of review. Anyone used them, they are a direct
>>> replacement for halogen type lamps.
>>>
>>> Any idea where I can buy two & how good they are etc?

>>
>> Too good. :-(
>> Oncoming traffic with normal headlights will struggle to see where
>> they're going.
>>
>> If you do go for exceedingly bright lights then for the sake of all
>> around you get them adjusted properly. The better you can see, the
>> worse oncoming drivers can see.

>
> There speaks a man driving a Series LR with sealed beams of half a candle
> power each.


:-)

Aye. Actually they're not bad headlights, just the standard non-dazzling and
well-adjusted kind.

--
S3 SWB Petrol Hard-top
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Land Rover



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:05.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.