Jag 3.2 sport - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-05, 06:02 PM
StaffBull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Jag 3.2 sport

Just bought a Jag 3.2 Sport 1996 model off eBay,

could someone please let me know if this has a timing belt or chain and if
it has a belt when is the replacement due?

many thanks in advance,

Steve


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-05, 02:02 PM
Losiho
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jag 3.2 sport


"StaffBull" <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote in message
news:42cf08ed_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

> Just bought a Jag 3.2 Sport 1996 model off eBay,
>
> could someone please let me know if this has a timing belt or chain and if
> it has a belt when is the replacement due?
>
> many thanks in advance,
>
> Steve



It has a timing chain. If it's not making any unusual sounds at idle (from
pensioners) you won't need to touch it.


 
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-05, 02:02 PM
Losiho
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jag 3.2 sport


"Losiho" <noone@microsoft.net> wrote in message
news:ROOze.28929$oJ.14213@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>
> "StaffBull" <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote in message
> news:42cf08ed_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>
>> Just bought a Jag 3.2 Sport 1996 model off eBay,
>>
>> could someone please let me know if this has a timing belt or chain and
>> if it has a belt when is the replacement due?
>>
>> many thanks in advance,
>>
>> Steve

>
>
> It has a timing chain. If it's not making any unusual sounds at idle (from
> pensioners) you won't need to touch it.



Oops, typo. Tensioners, not pensioners, although they can also be
troublesome ! :)


 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-05, 02:02 PM
StaffBull
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jag 3.2 sport

Many thanks, I hope I wont find any pensioners under the bonnet!!!!!

LOL :-)



"Losiho" <noone@microsoft.net> wrote in message
news:yQOze.28938$oJ.19127@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>
> "Losiho" <noone@microsoft.net> wrote in message
> news:ROOze.28929$oJ.14213@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>
>> "StaffBull" <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote in message
>> news:42cf08ed_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>>
>>> Just bought a Jag 3.2 Sport 1996 model off eBay,
>>>
>>> could someone please let me know if this has a timing belt or chain and
>>> if it has a belt when is the replacement due?
>>>
>>> many thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Steve

>>
>>
>> It has a timing chain. If it's not making any unusual sounds at idle
>> (from pensioners) you won't need to touch it.

>
>
> Oops, typo. Tensioners, not pensioners, although they can also be
> troublesome ! :)
>



 
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-05, 02:02 PM
Alan Brand
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jag 3.2 sport

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:25:03 +0100, "StaffBull"
<StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote:

>Many thanks, I hope I wont find any pensioners under the bonnet!!!!!



My '67 420 often has a pensioner under the bonnet - my mechanic is a
(very) few years older than I am!

--
AlanB




> LOL :-)
>
>
>
>"Losiho" <noone@microsoft.net> wrote in message
>news:yQOze.28938$oJ.19127@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>
>> "Losiho" <noone@microsoft.net> wrote in message
>> news:ROOze.28929$oJ.14213@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>>
>>> "StaffBull" <StaffBull@spamtrap.staffbull.net> wrote in message
>>> news:42cf08ed_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>>>
>>>> Just bought a Jag 3.2 Sport 1996 model off eBay,
>>>>
>>>> could someone please let me know if this has a timing belt or chain and
>>>> if it has a belt when is the replacement due?
>>>>
>>>> many thanks in advance,
>>>>
>>>> Steve
>>>
>>>
>>> It has a timing chain. If it's not making any unusual sounds at idle
>>> (from pensioners) you won't need to touch it.

>>
>>
>> Oops, typo. Tensioners, not pensioners, although they can also be
>> troublesome ! :)
>>

>


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Jaguar
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome