Jaguars are nice cars but - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Jaguar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 18:40   #1 (permalink)

eek Jaguars are nice cars but

Jags are nice cars but to many electrical problems, thats why Im sticking to Fords original cars. My mom owned a 2003 Jag and bought a new BMW 07 in just 3 years. Jag did not last, I do not know if it was just because she could not take care of it or it just had to many problems;However, Jags will always be classy. Maybe 03 lines of Jags for the x-type were bogus. Who knows, they didnt have a recall for nothing.
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2007, 19:18   #2 (permalink)

Re: Jaguars are nice cars but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort
Jags are nice cars but to many electrical problems, thats why Im sticking to Fords original cars. My mom owned a 2003 Jag and bought a new BMW 07 in just 3 years. Jag did not last, I do not know if it was just because she could not take care of it or it just had to many problems;However, Jags will always be classy. Maybe 03 lines of Jags for the x-type were bogus. Who knows, they didnt have a recall for nothing.
I have 3 Jags , the newest is a 1968 420G ( and I will buying another shortly), after some work none of them offer electrical problems but after all it's a consequence of old cars , the new jags basically have compltly different electrice and no problems ( but who can afford em :)
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:46   #3 (permalink)

I had a supercharged Jaguar XJR and one of the biggest mistakes I ever made was letting my wife convince me we needed a car with a bigger back seat. Absolutely loved the Jag, never had any issues with it (other then it didn't do well in the limited snow we get). The XJR was much less expensive to maintain then the Audi A8 I replaced it with.

The new XJR's are even better.

Feff
Feffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:36   #4 (permalink)
canuck

The A8 is still a nice ride - and better in the snow!

The thing that puts me off from even thinking of buying a Jag, is the resale value.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Jaguar