Aston Martin to build two new special DB7 models for U.S. market - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Aston Martin
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2002, 08:50   #1 (permalink)

Aston Martin to build two new special DB7 models for U.S. market

Aston Martin to build two new special DB7 models for U.S. market
( article from AutoWeek)

Aston Martin will build two special DB7 models next year for the U.S. market, a Zagato-bodied DB7 and a cut-down DB7 Speedster. Up to 100 of each model will be produced, with the Speedster debut likely at next Januaryís Los Angeles auto show. Pricing is expected to be in the $190,000 range.

With a minimal windscreen and no rear seats, the DB7 Speedster will have no rain protection. Inside, the cabin will be fitted with racing bucket seats and metal trim replacing wood. Otherwise, styling will be unchanged, as will the 420-hp V12 engine.

Milanese coachbuilder Zagato, responsible for the gorgeous 1960s DB4GT, will create a special-bodied coupe on a short-chassis DB7. The carís styling is said to be influenced by the 1960s car and has hallmark roof bulges to make extra headroom for helmeted occupants. Performance will be boosted by a more powerful 6.0-liter V12 and suspension stiffened.

Odd brand out

Even though Lincoln is no longer part of Fordís Premier Automotive Group, Lincoln folks holed up in PAGís swanky Southern California digs wonít be moving back to the Glass House in Dearborn. Fordís Jim Padilla quieted that rumor shortly after the announcement that PAG would consist only of Fordís European luxury brands, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Aston Martin