U.K.:Aston Is Open For Business - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Aston Martin
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2004, 07:50   #1 (permalink)

U.K.:Aston Is Open For Business

Auto Express

It's not on show, it's on sale!" Those were the words of Aston Martin boss Ulrich Bez as he unveiled the drop-top version of the firm's DB9 - and gave us our first look inside.

Speaking at Detroit, he also confirmed that the car - officially named the DB9 Volante - will cost $168,000 in American showrooms. The UK price is expected to be announced imminently, and will be in the region of £115,000.

The motor show also marked the debut of the DB9 coupé in the States, and Bez confirmed that Aston already has more than a year's worth of confirmed sales of both new models - around 2,000 vehicles in total. That's before any potential customer, or even any journalists, have driven either car.

Speaking about the coupé, Bez said: "I've done 2,000 miles over Christmas, and I can tell you that you will like it." An Aston spokeswoman added: "We're taking orders on both models, with hard-top delivery due in the spring, and about six months later for the Volante. Journalists will get to try the coupé in March, and the convertible later in the year." Prices will start at around £104,000.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > Aston Martin