Originally Posted by XRated
I'm just after some information regarding the beloved AUs.
1. Firstly, does anyone have a dedicated LPG AU? I'm wondering what sort of power they have compared to a petrol AU and how many kms to a tank they get.
2. Is gas much more harder to tune/get power out of compared to the humble petrol injected engine?
3. Was there any such thing as an AU Fairmont/Ghia with dedicated gas injection?
4. Were any 5.0L AUs running on straight gas? If so, has anyone here got one?
5. What sort of economy are people getting around town in their AU from:
a) the 4.0L (petrol)?
b) the 5.0L (petrol)?
Considering I get 350kms to a tank in my petrol ED, I am wondering whether there would be much more difference with a newer 5.0L V8 found in the AUs.
Some answers for ya
1/ I have a Series III dedicated gas futura, not much difference in power to a petrol AU that I drive at work, not as good an engine brake tho
2/ Dont seem to be a problem with tuning, but the gas converter will need a clean every now and then
3/ I think that the dedicated gas engines were only I6's, no V8's
I get around 500-600 K's for about $25, so cheap motoring.
Can have problems with up-market stereo's tho, lots of engine noise with amps, without a shit load of filters.