best head for lpg 250 xflow?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2006, 22:38   #1 (permalink)

confused best head for lpg 250 xflow??

Gday Guys,
At the moment I am building a mild street 250 xflow for my TE cortina.
It will be running on straight gas.

The blokes at the ford wreckers say that the best solution for me would be flat top acl's with a high compression head to get around the 11:1 mark?? The only problem with getting the ratio is I have no idea which head combination with the flat tops will give me 11:1.

I already have a c2a head at my disposal, someone said that has a really small chamber. I do not have a clue.

Also I am in the market for a new cam to be helpful with me gas system. I am currently looking at the 14776, it is supposed to keep the low end torque of the 250 and give a useful boost in the midrange, seeing as though the car will be for street use I don't think I will be revving too high. By the way it will be leading a WC t5 and an unknown diff ratio :p

Any other suggestions for building a good gas engine, it's my first time at rebuilding an engine??

Any help much appreciated, thank you

Regards, Benno
Benno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 00:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: best head for lpg 250 xflow??

as far as i know, most off the alloy headed xflows had a comp ratio of about 8.8:1, so getting it upto 11:1 will need a good shave job off the head and the flat top will help too. Im running a C1 head on my xflow but im going turbo.
MRJLB84D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:08   #3 (permalink)
Nitrous Junkie

Re: best head for lpg 250 xflow??

Run the XF Series II head, with flat tops is close enough to 10.6:1 its not funny.

Mate has this in an XF ute with straight gas, and a Megatork cam (same specs as Crow 14892) and the thing goes really well.
DJS351XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech