Ford Forums banner

Car Audio & the LPG Lament

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  EB2Ghia 
#1 ·
I'm looking at improving the Audio gear in my new EA as everything in it (with the sole exception of the Clarion CD head unit), and I have a couple of questions...

I notice in a few pictures that people have installed speakers in to the grooves in the bottom of the front doors... is there a standard mounting piece for this, or have people custom made their own mounts. If the former is the case, what size of speakers do they hold.

I'd also like to improve the Bass of my system but I also have an LPG tank in the back. Unfortunately, unlike BassCrazy, my boot space is required as my job requires me to transport things with must be locked in the boot by law.

Anywhere else in the car you can place speakers or woofers for good bass accustics?

James

#2 ·
Well some cars have placement for 4" speakers in the front doors, but anything beyond that requires custom work.

I recall an EB II Ghia I was looking at had a subwoofer located underneath the parcel shelf like a normal speaker (no enclosure). I presume this would fit without affecting an LPG tank. If I ever get a sub, this is the set-up I'd aspire to personally.

If you want a set-up like Bass Crazy's as well as a big boot, prepare to upgrade to an Econovan...

G
#3 ·
Same for me!!!!!

I have had my 12" sub and 2x150 amp waiting to go in for three years and I have yet to find a way to do it as I need my boot space and I have LPG too.

Later model cars with our shape had the cut-out in the rear parcel shelf for a 10" sub - but not the EA. Plus a lot of people are scared to cut metal on a car as well. My dilemma is that the depth between the parcel shelf and the gas tank would mean that I have about 2 1/2 inches of the sub oking through the top of the shelf. I can make a contoured shelf that would look smick - but I have yet to locate a nibbling tool from any of my mates to cut the shelf. Gas tank cuts out any power tools that spark and window tinting in such a tight space means hand tools easily f..... up the tinting with a careless slip........

One day I will have super bass and not just the solid bass I have now. I need my boot space as well and the tank takes all I can give up. Shit - I even tried to design a system that sat in the rear footwells for crying out loud :) . One day i will cut that rear parcel shelf and to hell with the tinting :) .

Good luck mate,

M........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.