Ford Forums banner

DIY LPG conversion for thrillseekers

6K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  mongrelEB 
#1 ·
Don't waste money on professional LPG conversions and all those unnecessary parts. In 30 seconds, with absolutely no mechanical skill or knowledge, you can have everything they offer, and lots more, at little or no cost.

Base model: Take your standard BBQ LPG cylinder, stuff it in the engine bay somewhere, and run a hose to the air filter. Turn on tap before, or maybe better after, starting engine.

The Defender model: Same, but mount LPG cylinder on front bumper, so that anyone that backs into you (or that you rear end - who cares?) hard enough gets LPG sprayed over their hot exhaust, with satisfactory results. OK, so you lose your car as well, but that's what insurance is for.

The Avenger model: Same as The Defender, but fit breakaway fitting to LPG hose connection and attach string, and run string to cabin. Gaffer tape cigarette lighter to LPG bottle below hose connection and run string to cabin. Make sure hose is pointing away from your car. When somone really pisses you off, get really close to them, pull both strings hard, and see what it's like driving a mobile flame thrower. Add oxy tank for extra effect.

#4 ·
true story-servo special

i watched a cabbie take off from the pumps with the LPG hose still attached to the cab....they break off at special connectors just 4 idiots like that apparently... but that wasn't the funny part

the servo was full and i mean full and someone had to shout "Run' ....that was it

it was the funniest tthing i have seen,,,,,
this cab with a stream of LPG shooting from this 1 meter long snake attached to the side of his car and twenty people running around Screaming (yes screaming) that 'Shes gunna blow"

anyhows the gas came out for about 10 or 20secs and then petered out to nothing but OMG was it funny

Iknow its abit off the tread but its my true LPG story.

#7 ·
Re: true story-servo special

tibbo said:
i watched a cabbie take off from the pumps with the LPG hose still attached to the cab....they break off at special connectors just 4 idiots like that apparently... but that wasn't the funny part

the servo was full and i mean full and someone had to shout "Run' ....that was it

this cab with a stream of LPG shooting from this 1 meter long snake attached to the side of his car and twenty people running around Screaming (yes screaming) that 'Shes gunna blow"

anyhows the gas came out for about 10 or 20secs and then petered out to nothing but OMG was it funny

Now thats funny

#9 ·
Re: true story-servo special

tibbo said:

I've see a cabbie do the exact same thing it was funny as but he got the whole hose not just a metre it wipped around & hit a couple of cars as he drove out he didn't come back for at least 5-10 minutes so I'd love to know how far he drove along with it

#10 ·
Hey that sounds like fun, I'm gonna try it.

NOT.

Working at a servo during my teen years I was able to view all of the fun things that used to happen with people driving off with gas nozzles still attached etc.

One of the more exciting things was watching a rather intoxicated errmm...indigenous gentleman... lift the gas handpiece and hold a cigarette lighter to the nozzle, flicking the lighter making it spark. He was trying to do what one of the bad guys from the movie 'Point Break' did (turn the gas bowser into a flame thrower), but instead my boss went outside and sprayed the pump - and the guy - with the fire extinguisher. Now THAT was funny, seeing the reaction of the dickhead with the lighter copping a hosing with fire retardant foam.

#14 ·
*BOOM*
wonder if its a legal mod ;)
if only it was that easy, damn it i love LPG

#16 ·
Mmm...Avenger.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.