EB falcon lpg/petrol drama..!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2004, 16:52   #1 (permalink)

EB falcon lpg/petrol drama..!!

Heya Guys heres a tricky one for ya's..

The wifes car is an EB Falcon GLi. Runs great on LPG but wont run on petrol at all at the moment...when switched to fuel the pump starts up as they do to prime the injectors. it has spark when turning over...it has fuel pressure, checked this by relesing fuel return line then also by clamping the return line to make sure the pressure reg was not being by passed...injectors are pulsing like the should but still for the life of me she doesnt want to start.....???????????????????....switch to LPG vroom no probs.....its got me buggered hope someone here with some other ideas may be able to help out..

Cheers Kev
Schmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2004, 22:26   #2 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

Re: EB falcon lpg/petrol drama..!!

how long has it been since the petrol was used?

LPG is cheaper anyways...i'll never go back to petrol..
Old 05-29-2004, 23:23   #3 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

i have the exact same problem with my car.

Apparently its a good chance that its either the fuel pump or the injectors.

Personally i just left it on gas and am goin to get a straight gas throttle body

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 23:57   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Most likely your injectors or fuel pump are fubar. If it hasn't been run on petrol for ages it could also be dead petrol. Drain the tank and fill with new petrol, and then run injector cleaner through it if it starts. If this doesn't work it will most likely be dirty injectors.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 00:49   #5 (permalink)

thanx for the ideas guys fuel pump is still workin fine my only guess could be blocked injectors....it has only been doing this for a couple of weeks tho...previously the car was fine....its one of the gas systems that fires on fuel then switches to gas, it gets a short burst of petrol everytime it starts, to go with that my wife also runs it on fuel at least once a month normally about a 1/4 of a tank or so...

go figure any other ideas please drop them here and any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers Kev
Old 05-30-2004, 22:16   #6 (permalink)

My mechanic had blocked fuel lines on his car. The fuel had partially evaporated and left some residue in the lines. He hadnt used petrol for a couple of months though.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:40   #7 (permalink)

ok been out and played with the falcon again.....got fuel.....got fuel pressure.....pressure reg is workin fine.......injectors seem to be working they are pulsing....got spark.......GOT ME BUGGERED...????????

still go figure all is ok on LPG

started from scratch even....got in car flick to petrol....turn key....no luck...
go to rear of car ...get wife to turn it over....bzzzzzz fuel pump is working...
pop bonnet....remove plug lead use screwdriver get wife to turn it over.....zzzzzzap.....ouch...got spark....kick car....got sore foot...get test light and tap into injector wiring....get wife to turn it over...flash flash flash....got injector pulse....remove fuel lines....get wife to switch ignition on.....sploosh...got fuel...get pressure guage from mates workshop place into line with T peice....get wife to turn it over.....got fuel pressure....kick car again....hahahahaha wearing steel caps foot is good....

next test will be later in the week ...remove all plugs and turn it over to see if fuel is actually making it into pots.....till then if she runs out of gas...burn it and walk away....hehehehehhahahahahahHEHHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA....

any more advice would be great....ie: fault codes and where to look as this thing has got me absolutely dumbfounded...???

Cheers Kev
Old 06-01-2004, 14:13   #8 (permalink)
Mercury Cougar Cool

Could be in the gas switch - mine plays up the other way sometimes - will run on petrol but not on gas. Mechanic says there is a problem in switch circuitry - it is an AEG or AER switch
Old 06-01-2004, 21:43   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Dead fuelllllllllllll?!?!?!?

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:18   #10 (permalink)

thanx Sundeep but no the fuel is good....only filled it recently syphoned some out and checked it in my other car...oldskool carby ran fine....at least as good as unleaded runs in a leaded motor...lol....

leonbray have checked the wiring coming from the switch also...seems ok as the fuel side does all the right things but start....as in give out power on the fuel side, seems to switch gas to fuel fine....have only checked this from the rear of the unit...still need to trace wiring underbonnet ....soon time permitting....but at this stage i still need to investigate more when i get the chance....keep the ideas coming ppl....please as this is starting to give me the shits...lol....and soon enuff may end up at an auto-elec's to sort it out....

Cheers Kev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech