ED 94 Falcon Duel Fuel Temprature problem. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 05:43   #1 (permalink)
Eddie Falcoon

ED 94 Falcon Duel Fuel Temprature problem.

Hi guys, I am new up here I have searched for hours for answers but couldn't find them so I hope someone can help me out. Yeap I am a newbie up here too. I am little concerned about the welfare of "Eddie Falcoon" and would appreciate the help of all you good men to set him well again! :)

BACKGROUND: I blew a hose the other day and I have had all the hoses replaced and had new coolant and stop leak put in. (By the way the little plastic circular about third inch in diameter fell into water bottle when pooring it in. I have since flushed radiator and haven't been able to locate it. As I thought this may have been the problem.) Since putting it all back together it is running a lot hotter on the tempreture gauge. If I am in traffic the temp will go up to the middle of the gauge. Prior to the worst I have the temperature guage reach is just entering the normal area. A couple of questions.

1) What thermostat should I be running (I am thinking of replacing it) with a duel fuel system bearing in mind I only run on Unleaded for about 20 klm a week?

2) Would that small plastic/silvery stop leakage seal that sits on top of the bottle that fell into my water system cause me problems how far could it travel as it is relatively flexible and flew straight down into the radiator. Unable to flush it out!

3) Any thoughts on what is good temperature control and what is the usual reading on other guages considering it is going to get a lot hotter in summer... :)

Other than that car runs magnificently no problems. I am concerned of "Eddie" overheating and cracking his head! :) Plus, I know it runs hotter on gas.

All help is appreciated.

Regards,

Ken driver of "Eddie Falcoon"
Eddie Falcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2008, 06:34   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: ED 94 Falcon Duel Fuel Temprature problem.

The stop leak (not it's the bottle seal) will have partially blocked the radiator and heater core. That lost seal will also have blocked of one or two core tubes. Time to go to the radiator shop and have the radiator rodded or repalced and the system flushed.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:53   #3 (permalink)
Eddie Falcoon

Re: ED 94 Falcon Duel Fuel Temprature problem.

Hi Blue,

Thanks for your reply! I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. The mechanic that dropped it in said it shouldn't cause any problems, hmm I know he had an reason to lie but again his the doctor. Funnily enough it was good for about 20 mins when I left the workshop until I got stuck in peak 5pm on Friday.

2. Even though it sometimes gets to the "M" on "normal" part on the guage will that cause damage driving "Eddie". Do you know off hand how much that should cost or would it be cheaper to get a reconditioned one?
Eddie Falcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech