edelbrock and lpg - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2004, 05:43   #1 (permalink)

edelbrock and lpg

hi all im thinking if i can find some cheap getting a set of alloy heads mainly for the weight savings and i think they should allready b ok for lpg is this right? what are the pros n cons against these vs 2v iron type? another reason is a trip to usa wich i should take advantage on for parts as here in uk EVERYTHING is rip off prices
also anyone tell me where i can get a impco 425? will this bolt upto a std holley bolt pattern
many thanx
carpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2004, 05:12   #2 (permalink)

Re: edelbrock and lpg

Going from the title of your thread you were thinking about Edelbrock heads. Problem is Edelbrock don't make Cleveland heads. Look for CHI or AFD for alloy Cleveland heads.

The Impco 425 bolts onto a holley throttle/base plate.

It sounds like a bit of a waste to put decent alloy heads on a motor that can be fed by a single Impco 425(ie sub 350hp). Your iron heads can easily achieve that kind of power without much work.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:34   #3 (permalink)

Re: edelbrock and lpg

wartide thanx for the reply m8 what i was thinking was by the time i fit ss valves hard seats etc i may as well by the alloyheads and have tghe power gain and the weight loss does that make sense or not? i notice impco make smaller carbs how about 2 of them instead
notice u got a 340 cuda nice 1 i just sold my mild 360 to a guy in newquay england where i live who has a duster like that i used to have a 770 charger
sorry to go of subject
carpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech