help - adjusting LPG - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 07:39   #1 (permalink)
Prof. Rabbit

help - adjusting LPG

Hi,

My EA's gas system was installed by Mega Gas Australia and the components are labled - Lovato - ( installed at the end of 2001 ) there appears to be only one visible adjustment on the hose from the converter to the EFI intake.

Can someone please detail where the idle and run adjustments are on these systems please, the idle is currently way too rich and too slow.

Thanks Prof. Rabbit
prabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2004, 04:28   #2 (permalink)
Swanny

roll Re: help - adjusting LPG

I've got an EL on gas, with a Landi convertor, the adjustor screw on the hose to the intake, is what I've been told is the power valve (limits how much gas is fed to the intake?). The Landi convertor has an adjustment screw on the face of it. If you've looked hard and can't find any adjustment on the convertor... maybe it doesn't have one?
ELwilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 20:17   #3 (permalink)

Re: help - adjusting LPG

need to get mixture set buy a tuner to get it right
tdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 00:07   #4 (permalink)
MLS

Basically, if you don't already know where all the mixture screws are on your convertor that usually means you are not the right person to do the job of tuning it.... harsh but true.
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:25   #5 (permalink)
Prof. Rabbit

Each converter is different, so to is the placement of the adjustments, I started washing engine parts when I was 10, that was 38 years ago, I could ask you what you know about donkey engines on a D2 crawler, or a thousand other questions.

The Forums are a source of information, don't assume the person asking the question needs your kind of answer.

Prof. Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLS
Basically, if you don't already know where all the mixture screws are on your convertor that usually means you are not the right person to do the job of tuning it.... harsh but true.
prabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:46   #6 (permalink)
Swanny

Sorry Prabbit. I've not been able to find any nitty gritty info on the lovato. Obviously any idle adjustment screws would stand out like the proverbial. I don't know if newer systems use the gas computer to control the gas flow - everything else is computerised now, so why not gas?
ELwilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech