Ford Forums banner

LPG cams

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MADXF 
#1 ·
I've got an XF which is now LPG only, Ive got extractors, 2 1/4" exhaust, Unifilter Cone filter, and noisy lifters.

I'm gunna replace the lifters, but figured while I'm at it I might as well throw in a cam too for good measure. Question is, who has the better cams for LPG engines? Do I go with Voodoo cams (gasresearch designed) or do crow/crane/wade have good cams for LPG too?

I dont want anything crazy over the top, just something thats gunna give the old girl a decent kick in the pants. I'm fairly happy with the mid range power, but it really suffers in the top end, its pretty sluggish from the start and when it gets into the power band is actually very short, its over as soon as you get into it, which is really annoying. So something like the stage 2 from voodoo seems alright, but do I have to match the compression that is listed for it?

Whats the odds on getting around 180fwhp from this engine with a cam upgrade?

Cheers.
Paul

#2 ·
You can run any cam you want in reason BUTif you don't listen to the cam grinders recomendations there will be trade offs. Not enough compression will normally make your engine idle like shit and you low end torque more doughy than it should be ideally.

Any grind will work for an improvement but preferably you want some more duration on the exhaust side to work better with LPG (about ~5deg on the exhaust).

#5 ·
Yeah, I wanted to get some opinions and as many people to contact so I can ring around and get an idea of what is on offer.

Thinking about it now, I think I'm gunna do a rebuild at the same time, with the 200 rods. I've heard plenty about it, and want to try it out.

Unless of course I can find a wrecked EF/L that I can take engine, t5, diff, radiator and fans from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.