LPG Modifications - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2002, 16:44   #1 (permalink)
exodius

LPG Modifications

As most of you have probably seen, the EL Predator was Supercharged on LPG, and produced to their claiming of 230kw odd. (http://www.trueblueford.com/ELpredator_Showcar.html)

Im just curious, to how many people know anything about moddin' a lpg? Or about the High Performance LPG Kits, because it seems no one does? lol!
I need someone to give somewhat of ideas for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2002, 19:09   #2 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

have a look at www.gasresearchaustralia.com.au they have a little info on their website.

I have an Impco system on my ute, not 100% happy with the amount of power, but it costs a lot less to run, so I suppose thats a fair trade off.
Jesmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 22:42   #3 (permalink)
Australian EL Wagon Member

I spoke to GRA yesterday about the Predator and what's so appealing to me is that it's based on a 6 unlike most performance cars starting with 8's etc. I found that the predator is *relatively* stock in terms of engine - I think it has a stock XR6 cam, but it's the 106 RON combined with the supercharger and good cooling that gives it the 230 KW go ! I'm sure some of the other lads n lasses are more knowledgable than myself, but I'm keen to go down the same path.

Oh yeah it's tuned to dedicated gas which I guess is a huge bonus - not having to compromise to ULP / PULP - hehe

Cheers,
Steve
dcstraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 06:52   #4 (permalink)
exodius

go the gas :0

gra site dun exist?

I'd like to know what they actually did mod on their converter/etc for the gas or if they did really at all.

im gettin a cam, extractors etc.. $$ is the problem right now, eventually in time a high performance lpg kit..
Old 01-09-2002, 15:31   #5 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

try http://www.gasresearch.com.au/
Jesmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 17:28   #6 (permalink)
exodius

jesmol, thanks for the site/info man.

sweeeeeeeeeet! :p

hopefully one day i can get something going out of the LPG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech