sub in an AU with LPG - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2002, 00:12   #1 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

confused sub in an AU with LPG

hey guys and girls,

has any one successfully installed a sub woofer into a AU2 sedan with an LPG tank?? there is stuff all room there, and was wondering if it was possible??

Otherwise, any other suggestions would be good.

cheers

steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2002, 00:24   #2 (permalink)
aurora

LPG. oh no.
Old 07-31-2002, 00:30   #3 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

what do you think is wrong with LPG??
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
Old 07-31-2002, 00:36   #4 (permalink)
aurora

At work there are 10 AU falcons and all run on gas.
They struggle to start and sound as sick as a dog
And you lose power with gas apparently
I understand that with your income that you can't afford premium but LPG is dangerous. Every time i stop behind an LPG car i hold my breath and shut off the vents. The odour is horrible
Old 07-31-2002, 00:53   #5 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

my mums fairmont, and my falcon are both running on LPG, and neither have problems starting. I keep premium in my unleaded tank for when i want some go, but just choose to run it on LPG for general cruising.

It came with the car, so i didnt have alot of say in the matter. For highway cruising why pay 90 cents a litre when i can pay 35?? How much money i earn has nothing to do with that!!
as for power lose... i have it back at the flick of a button.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:40   #6 (permalink)
Finnaly back

yeah gas is good 4 cruiz'n easy 2 start on fuel first and yeah depends how it set up 4 the power, but thats not what the topic is about, umm get a big box with subs in your boot, or middle of the back seat.

1 of 10 Fords
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:02   #7 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

My car has always had LPG, and I have no complaints. Its cheap to run, increases the cars reliability, and preserves the bottom end. I have no problems with starting, in fact, it starts better on gas if anything, and as for power, all I do is flick it onto petrol for a little extra go... presto.

As for running a sub behind a gas tank, I have not done it in an AU, however, my EA seems to do ok. All you will need to do is sacrifice a little boot space.

Old 07-31-2002, 05:18   #8 (permalink)

Subbies

G'day younggun,

How serious subwoofer are we talking here. I fitted a slightly smaller tank (55 litres to fill) and used an 8" reference series Alpine unit along with a couple of 6x9 's and bass engines under the front seats. Its not earth shattering but sounds OK.

Cheers.
FBvisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 05:22   #9 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

well yeah i am really interested in some options... I think i would be struggling to fit a sub between the tank and the parcel shelf, or the tank and the back seat.

I am not a real big fan of taking up my entire boot space either!! its bad enough with a friggen big tank in there... maybe some sort of floor speaker set up like in the back of herrods explode car?? That could look sweet in the foot wells of the back seat to... with a lamenex clear floor mat over it. But this could be really difficult to do as well.

Any ideas and pics would be great guys!!
Old 07-31-2002, 05:46   #10 (permalink)

Subbies

Hey younggun,

I just remembered. Have a look for a Bazooka Tube. It would fit in behind the rear seat and would do a reasonable job. Get as big a tube as would fit.

Just another idea for you.
FBvisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech

Related Reading: sub in an AU with LPG