Tickford LPG Converter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2004, 17:07   #1 (permalink)

Tickford LPG Converter

Does anyone know if the LPG converter used in the factory LPG system on an EL would be able to be integrated into a standard LPG system from an aftermarket manufacturer.

I know the Tickford LPG Computer is combined with the vehicle ECU, but would there be any aftermarket management systems or what ever that would work with the converter, without incuring great costs that is.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2004, 00:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Tickford LPG Converter

I would imagine that it would, as a converter is a converter is a converter. I think it is really only the computer thing that runs the system, and any aftermarket system should work. Check out the tuning info on this site, very interesting. If you find the Tickford computer, please let me know, as I am trying to find mine, and I'm not even sure what it looks like.
creature3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:06   #3 (permalink)

WHat you'll find is that the LPG computer is actually 'combined' with the vehicle ECU. thats what makes me unsure on how it'll work.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:04   #4 (permalink)

are you saying that Tickford totaly replace the ECU, or "add on" to what is there. My logic says that they would add on, but then.....
creature3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:48   #5 (permalink)
known as tibbo

the Tickford system is closed loop and uses (as you said) the ECU to control it..By closed i mean it uses your oxy sensors to measure oxygen left in your zorst after combustion and with the help of the ECU adjusts the fuel::air ratio dozens of times per second.
Most after market setups use 2 solenoids and a seperate comp to run them.. If you were to use existing solenoids and the existing flow valve you could use the Vialle convertor.. A Convertor is just that,, add hot water and it converts the LPG from a liquid to a gas

I know i have gone from the Vialle convertors to OMVL amd Landi ones but i could find out 100% for you if you wanted to go the other way round
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech