turbo clevo LPG - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2004, 01:59   #1 (permalink)

turbo clevo LPG

I have a 351C that i was thinking of turbocharging but I have also considered building a boss motor, as the windsor block is better i am told.

What do you guys think regarding clevo VS windsor???????
ltd351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2004, 02:22   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: turbo clevo LPG

this has been done to death numerous times.
You own the 351 so you may as well build it.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 06:19   #3 (permalink)

Are you set on turbos, or are they just what popped into mind? a clevo stroker might be the way to go to get a LTD moving.
73gscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:41   #4 (permalink)

a decent turbo setup would set you back alot. If you have the money to spend then why not, i'd personally love to see more twin turbo clevo's !
Leaks
Dents and;
Engine
Noise

FOR SALE: 1980 XD, Recently rebuilt 9" disc diff, with 3.25 gears, toploader with hurst shifter kit, 302C, DBA slotted and cross driled rotors, Fairmont interior with modified centre console, jellybean mags, reasonably good condition, driveline will handle 400+rwhp PM FOR PICS asking $3500
XDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 18:12   #5 (permalink)

to 73gscoupe, I was thinking naturally aspirated (lpg) 383 stroker before my mate told me to go for the turbo option.

I liked the idea of turbocharging because i have had a few n/a high revvin donks and they dont last too long(maybe thats just me), so with the turbos i figured i could make power and not have to rev hard to do it.
Old 07-23-2004, 19:07   #6 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

As a rule : LPG is a slower burning fuel and it is difficult to ram heaps of LPG into a motor because it goes in as a gas instead of a liquid. It would be interesting to see how LPG behaves on a HYPO turbo V8.

You will find that you'll be restricted on the GAS intake set up. You'll probably have to go twin GRA and that set up is already messy, so the turbo instal will only add to the complexity and under bonnet mess.

Would be awesome if you end up setting up.

Good Luck
ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 05:22   #7 (permalink)
UCNTRY

it has been done twin t03 hi flowed intercooled twin gas research 351 in an xd with xf panels its red numberplates UKNTRY from ballarat i beleive it had some 600 hp/kw it is in an old street machine that i have lying around somewhere
UCNTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 05:51   #8 (permalink)

i have just found out that LPG will become the same price as petrol by 2012, and that might be wrong but just thats what i have been told??

so i will still build it on gas but design it to suit injectio so can be changed over later on.
Old 07-25-2004, 23:39   #9 (permalink)

i dont think it will be going up to the same as petrol.. but it is going to have tax on it then.
travis_ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 00:55   #10 (permalink)

Its planned to impose excise on LPG , but I dont think that the price will go up too much, as it would kill the automotive LPG industry. that would look really bad for the government.

On the turbo idea, do you have air con and power steer in your LTD? if so are you willing to sacrifice them? twin turbos take up alot of room in an engine bay already crammed with a clevo.

What you decide is really up to you, when I was looking at a new motor I was looking either big block, supercharged clevo, or turbo clevo.
73gscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > LPG Tech