07 Edge Reoccurring turbine Speed shaft sensor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Edge Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Edge Forum Forum dedicated to the discussion of the Ford Edge.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 09:02   #1 (permalink)

07 Edge Reoccurring turbine Speed shaft sensor

Changed out the speed sensor due to a light. Followed all the torques a steps correctly. I only changed out the input. The old or bad one was kind of spinning. The new one wasnt. I assumed that meant it was bad. Not sure though. I put it all back together. Filled the Xmsn. Drove it a bit. About 500 miles. Then the jerk in the xmsn came back and the light came back on. Had it read. And its the turbine speed shaft sensor. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
davenew1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2013, 10:26   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 07 Edge Reoccurring turbine Speed shaft sensor

Checked the wiring ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 13:09   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

You sure you changed the correct one? Two speed sensors in that Trans and believe a TSB on the older ones that says replace both.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 13:27   #4 (permalink)

I changed the input speed sensor. I knew i should have changed the output too. The wiring is internal in the transaxle. Im not sure how i would check that. I heard something about like a reboot for the computer for the xmsn. Does anybody know anything about that and how much it would cost. I figure ill have to pull it apart again. Change the output then do the reboot.

davenew1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 19:38   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenew1022 View Post
I changed the input speed sensor. I knew i should have changed the output too. The wiring is internal in the transaxle. Im not sure how i would check that. I heard something about like a reboot for the computer for the xmsn. Does anybody know anything about that and how much it would cost. I figure ill have to pull it apart again. Change the output then do the reboot.

Yes the one you want to change is the one you can see from the outside but have to pull side cover to change and yes you should change both anyway both are have the same flaw built into them. After replacing the tss follow my video and clear the pcms memory and go for a test drive to learn the shifts. Reflash is not required for this repair.

makuloco2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Edge Forum