Ford Forums banner

Motor Swap questions? 2007 edge with Oil cooler

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
So my waterpump failed at 135k miles. I was going to fix it but I checked on car-part and the motors with oil cooler are around $650 for a low mile motor under 45k miles. I can buy a motor without the oil cooler for even less. $300-400 range. I have also read that the 2007-2008 motors when the waterpump fails it puts coolant into the oil like mine did. Anyways After 2009 they have the 3.5L with a 3 bolt oil cooler. Would that work? Let me know your thoughts. And thanks in advance for the help.

#3 ·
I don't think I would have to mess with the ECU unless I went for an edge after 2011 when they had VCT. 2007-2010 looks to be the same motor. The interchange just asks about with or without oil cooler and 1 or 3 bolts on the oil cooler. I am trying to figure out what the differnce is and if I have the oil cooler also will it work.

#4 ·
Typically, if the PCM pinouts are the same, it will be a straight swap. I have a 92 Mustang engine in my truck, but the source is from a 91, there was a change in mid season and there's a slight change in the pinout, but the engines look the same, but the sensors are different enough to warrant a change in the PCM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.