Ford Forums banner

4.6 2v swap???

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
not sure if this post belongs in this section but im considering a 4.6 2v swap into a ranger, s10 something similar. ive got a 97 f150 i rolled back a few months ago body is shot but the motor and trans are good (motor and trans come from jasper performance) what am i going to need for this swap? i understand most will say its not worth it but im just looking for a toy and since i have the motor and trans ive decided this is the cheapest way to go about it rather than buy something new to play with. will i be able to use the wiring harness from the 97 and just drop everything into the ranger/s10 and hook it up and drive? or would i be best to do the carb swap? im not sure exactly what i will need to do all this so any info would be appreciated!! thanks in advance!:grin2:

#2 ·
Modified transmission mounts, modified engine mounts, Modified drive shaft, a good tape measure to figure out how much (if any) to cut out of the engine bay/firewall to fit the engine. As for the interlocks (brake, transmission range selector, etc.), there should be enough similarities that you should be able to splice wiring where parts aren't interchangeable. If the truck had PAS, not sure if it'd be worth it to pull it over or see if someone can disable it. Before deciding on that route, I'd go to a garage and explain what you're doing to see if they'd be willing and how much it'd cost the wallet. Definitely get a set of schematics to figure out all the interlocks. As suspected, the fuel pumps and sending units are different, but the tank pressure sensors are the same. It might not matter if you can find out if they have the same flow capacity. Good luck and keep us posted. Sounds interesting.

Oh, if you're going 4WD, it get more interesting and a little tighter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.