Ford Forums banner

95 F-150 Seized up, DETERMINED!!!

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NIKBIGMAK485 
#1 ·
I have a 95 F150 5.0, simple XLT 2WD...Has a rear main oil seal leak, last owner didn't take good care of it (my inheritance)...well after I got it I chaned the oil and filter, put in 20w50 and some stop leak, didn't stop it. So I started putting cheap dollar store sae30 (somthing like that), I didn't have the money to fix it (me and pops do the work, he prefers his Chevy). Well the day before it seized, I got into a pretty good fender bender on my passenger corner ( had to pull that out)..my oil gauge started flipping out, I figured it might've been damaged...next night, put a quart in, went to work.."click click click" while its running, I figure it can't be my oil, since it was still it its cross-hatch area of the stick..that night, it got progressively worse until it stopped and cut off..I tried to crank it back up and the starter moved it a little, but couldn't do more...long story short, I've done too much preventive maintenance to give up on that thing now..pops is the mechanic, so lay ALL the complicated.things on me, detail please, that truck is the only thing I have to remember my uncle..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.