BA XR6 naturally aspirated IDLE PROBS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Engine Specific Tech For all Ford Engines from Bigblocks to Clevelands.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 05:49   #1 (permalink)
BA XR6 NaturallyAspirated

frown BA XR6 naturally aspirated IDLE PROBS

hi all, i have a BA XR6 (no turbo) manual with high flow exaust, CAPA flash tuned to 180rw/kw 450nM @ wheels, and K&N pannel air filter. I makes good pwr and torque and runs well UNTIL you pull up at traffic lights, the revs serge and sometimes it stalls! sometimes it catches me off gaurd and stalls when i put the clutch in changing down gears... no one seems to be able to fix the prob, and if i take it to ford they will put a new program on the ECU which will take me back to 142krw/kw 380nM and it will fix the prob for about 3 months before it rears its ugly head again. SOME1 HELP ME, I LOVE MY CAR AND I DON'T WANT TO SELL IT CAUSE OF THIS! its enough to drive you to drink!
MrNatAspirated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2007, 17:11   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: BA XR6 naturally aspirated IDLE PROBS

Has anyone tested or replaced the throttle position sensor as they are a common problem.

I would have thought the tuner would have been able to find where the problem lies.

If you have the CAPA flash tuner then have you tried reflashing to the standard Ford tune to see if the idle problem disappears and if so then it is in the tune that the tuner has done.
Old 05-12-2007, 20:09   #3 (permalink)

yeah i have taken it back to standard tune and the problem is still there, i have also had the entire throttle body swapped and still had the prob.

I think it may be a prob with the fly-by-wire set up! maybe issues with sensors between the xcelerator pedal and the ECU, or ECU and throttle body. but i really have no idea...
Old 05-12-2007, 23:13   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Interesting.

I see you metion you have taken it to Ford and they have upgraded the tune which has fixed it but it has returned again ,is that right?.

This would suggest it is in the tuneing. If Ford upgrades with a better tune that fixes it then when you reflash with the CAPA tuner you will completely lose the Ford upgrade. Remember the standard Ford tune you have in the CAPA box will not be the upgraded version Ford reflash with but will be the previous version.
Old 05-12-2007, 23:30   #5 (permalink)

ahh, i like where you are goin with this... The way to proove it would be to somehow make the standard on the CAPA box the new ford tune. then if the performance tune is causing the prob i can proove it by goin back to the standard (being the new ford tune).
I am not sure that the problem came up when the tuneing was changed. But i think a visit to ford (always damages the wallet!) for a ECU program may be in order.
If this fixes it i have the prob of getting back to 180rw/kw 450nM
without getting the stalling prob back!
Any way, i'll be goin to ford and i'll shall let you know how it goes, i welcome any more suggestions and ideas, and contacts for SA performance tuneing. Thanks
ps still thirsty
Old 05-13-2007, 01:49   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

If it does fix it then you will know it's a software problem rather than any equipment on the car which at least will give you a direction to follow.

Goodluck.
Old 07-14-2007, 21:15   #7 (permalink)
Hotrod Drag & Street Car

hi mate. i have cured many b series 6 & v8 engines with this prob just by thuroughly cleaning out the t/body and wiring plug. it may not be the cause of your prob but anything easy is worth trying first. cheers
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:27   #8 (permalink)

cool man, but already tried. i do get alot of crap in my t/body though cause of livin at roxby. The desert! This car is my daily driver and it cops a floggin every now and then, it runs wicked when floggin but idle and low speed (like car park) drivin is useless (kangaroo hops etc), i have to ride the clutch!

If any1 knows of good adelaide performance tunin mob, who have dealt with this b4, please let me know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech