Ford Forums banner

Expedition 5.4L 24v driving hesitation after rebuild

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dasstrum 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

So I just got through rebuilding the head on a 2007 Expedition I just aquired. I just got everything back together this morning and started it up.

Everything seems to be running and idling perfectly however when I go to drive the truck seems to hesitate and drive really poorly.

I was very sure I didn't miss connecting any sensors when putting everything back together HOWEVER I did have a question on two sensors I might have gotten mixed up.

The two sensors in question connect to the top part of the block (visible when the intake is taken off) and connect to the wiring harness on the back of the firewall (that leads to the injectors/spark plugs)

There is a Left bank sensor and a right bank sensor and both have the same type of 2 pin plug.

This is the only thing when, I was putting everything back together , that I couldnt remember which sensor went where because they both had the same type of connector.

What are the sensors for and if I got them mixed up would it cause a bad driving condition - aka almost no power and acceleration hesitation.

Lastly what is this sensor/plug for? It's on the injectors harness on the drivers side of the motor.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Timing set up correctly on rebuilding ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpPs9KuJmqM
Yes timing was set correct. Im HOPING its a bad coil.

I bought the car with the issues so I have no prior knowledge on how it ran before or anything. I rebuilt the head and put everything back together to find this issue. I went ahead and ordered some coils and a fuel filter to see if this fixes the problem.

I also checked the MAF sensor on my scantool and it seems to be functioning correctly. I'll change the coils and see what happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.