1973 marquis - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 21:06   #1 (permalink)

1973 marquis

Names Jason. Im 18. Not new to forums but new to this one. I also dont bull **** around like alot of kids on forums. All installs i talk about in this thread will have pictures of start and finish when completed.

Just Bought a 1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham 460 v8. Would anyone know where to get parts for this car ex. good junk yards stores/websites ?

I bought it for 600 running. Guy didnt take very good care of it though. When bought wires were everywhere in engine compartment.
-I have currently replaced carburetor with edelbrock, Rear tailight/back up light sockets.
-In the process of and have already removed the steering column and brake booster w/master cylinder.
-Installed air horns
-When car is complete it will be completely rebuilt with new wiring harnesses, new interior (peanut butter with black stitching), Completely dynomated for acoustics/audio, hi/mids/lows/subs will be replaced/installed, Repainted to a glossy or candy black. Chrome will be rechromed from top to bottom. Another 460 will be bought and rebuilt with more power. Suicide doors with dummy handles (push actuators will open when programed), Low Jack, 2" drop, white wall tires, all air/liquid lines will be replaced with stainless steal lines. 460 block will be painted black before engine swap. Im shooting for removable hard top because the car has no center columns.
73marquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 17:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1973 marquis

No offence but why would you ?
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 18:08   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

I'm still waiting for all the pic's.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:03   #4 (permalink)

here are the pictures...sorry it took so long.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1j175g.jpg

Old 03-13-2009, 07:04   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset View Post
No offence but why would you ?
Why would i make the hardtop removable?

Because its something ive never seen on a four door and in this car im shooting for a personal originality
Old 04-09-2009, 14:25   #6 (permalink)

Update

I have taken out all the seats, seat belts, floor, insulation/tar material and wire brushed all the rust and cleaned it out. Also have purchased the Alpine type R 6.5" component system along with the type-R 6x9's and a alpine 4 channel amp to power them. I have also purchased 2 15" Kicker L7s and and amp to power them. Im doing some reasearch about sound deadening and have been looking into second skin, raamat, and Dynamat extreme. I will be also taking into consideration about heat since i do live in Houston, Texas and the weather changes ever 5 minutes. Only reason im not adding much detail is because i have not completed the install yet so i cant provide you with pictures of it but i can of all the guts and interior. I will be cutting out the rusted weak areas and replacing with fresh sheet metal. Then i will lay down the sound deadening material. I only have a couple of pictures for now but i will post alot when done. (i will add pictures all at once)

pics

Pictures by 73marquis - Photobucket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords