No Cougar Section??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 09:25   #1 (permalink)

No Cougar Section???

Just wondering why there is no Classic Cougar section??

Thanks
BigBlockGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 08:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: No Cougar Section???

I'd be interested in an old Cougar thread. I've got a '67 XR7 (in very poor shape) sitting in the driveway waiting for it's turn in the shop. I understand that most references to early Mustangs apply to the cat but there are just enough differences that a separate thread might be justified. Any other Cougar fans out there?
broncorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 14:35   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

We do have a Cougar section on the forums. Whilst is not a "Classic" Cougar section it may be a good palce to discuss your cars with other Cougar fans. If you feel that a classic area would be more use to you as Cougar fans then we can set one up.

I hope this helps.
Here is a link >http://www.fordforums.com/f439/

Last edited by Big Block Ford; 10-25-2007 at 14:49.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 23:37   #4 (permalink)

Well, I just made a quick check in the Cougar section for 1967-1970 cougar and there was really nothing going on. I am not sure a Classic section would make any difference. I can always just go to MercuryCougar.net when I want Cougar info. I just don't really want you guys to go to a lot of trouble and then there will be no activity so I would just leave it up to the forum. I suppose if it is fairly simple we can see what kind of activity it gets?? If there was a section, I would be willing to check in and help out a bit with info for the 67 & 68 Cougars.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:37   #5 (permalink)

Perhaps a "Classic Mercury" section might be a good idea. I'd guess most users are Ford owners, but that would give a section for the Cougars, Comets, Monterreys, etc....

I'm kind of biased since I own two Cougars ('70 and '73). Other than the lack of classic Cougars here I've got say this looks like a pretty good forum. This is my first time here and my first post.
okmic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 18:04   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

It is not too much trouble to set up a section for Classic Ford members enjoyment. It will add to the Classic Ford area.

Last edited by Big Block Ford; 10-27-2007 at 18:13.
Old 10-27-2007, 18:38   #7 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Ok a Cougar section has been added.

The suggestion by okmic1 to make it a classic Mercury section has some merit as it could mean more activity. Perhaps we could do it later if you guys like the idea. I will need your help for that to name the correct cars that go with the section. okmic1 mentioned Comet and Monterey. We have a Comet area coupled with the Maverick but threads relating to Comet can be shifted.

BigBlockGeorge it would be great if you checked up on the forum and I'm sure the members will appreciated it.

Enjoy the forum and don't hesitate to let me know if you need some help via Private message if you wish.

I would love to see some pictures of your cars.

Last edited by Big Block Ford; 10-27-2007 at 18:41.
Old 10-27-2007, 21:58   #8 (permalink)

Ask and ye shall receive.

The '70 is mine. The '73 XR7 in the background is a father/son project I picked up for my 15 year old.

Some classic Mercury models that were available prior to 1980:

Bobcat
Brougham
Capri
Colony Park
Comet
Cougar
Custom
Cyclone
Marquis
Meteor
Monterey
Montego
Montclair
Park Lane
Zephyr

Maybe it could be described "From Bobcats to Zephyrs", but that would leave out the most popular pre-80 Mercs from the description.
Old 10-27-2007, 22:16   #9 (permalink)

How could I forget the Mercury Marauder on my list?
Old 10-28-2007, 20:16   #10 (permalink)

I think the Mercury section has merit also. Since there would be about 16 different models, I would be concerned about having to sift through all the info to find the Cougar info, parts and cars for sale. This would be the same issue for members looking for parts, info, discussion and other cars. It just makes it more difficult to use the forum. But do not get me wrong, I am ok with it whatever way it is added. I was just wondering what Lance thinks as I do not know how much work is involved. Maybe like Lance says we can start with the Cougar and then as other Mercury owners show their interest, they can be added.

BTW, Lance is there a section for Reproduction parts for Vendors to list their items. If not, can there be a Vendor "subsection" section within the Cougar or Mercury Forum? Just wondering.

I am into the 67-68 Cougar right now but the 69-73 are real intriguing. I would like to post a photo of each but my pix were too big. Any advice on how to make them suitable for the required file size for the post?

Okmic1, your 70 is sweet! How did you get that nice big photo into the post?

Anyway, thanks to all the contributors so far and to Lance for being so cooperative and willing to help out!

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords