Parts Interchangeability - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 03:02   #1 (permalink)

Parts Interchangeability

Hi All, my prior thread on power window switches seems to have everybody stumped so I thought I'd try this approach instead.
The Switch Doctor advertises power window switches for the following cars:
Custom 500 1975-77
Galaxie 1973-74
Granada 1975-77
LTD 1973-77
Maverick 1973-77
Mustang 1973
Torino 1973-76
and the pictures all look the same and also look like my Australian Falcon (part no. D5AB-14540-BA). However, the guy selling them at The Switch Doctor cant tell me what the differences between all the above (if any) are (he just sells them!). Soooooooo.........can anybody on the forum please help identify the differences between the above models (if any) and also advise their part nos.???? perhaps somebody has access to the old parts lists????
Appreciate your help with this, thanks
Jules6029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 05:04   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: Parts Interchangeability

The key is whether it fits in the hole. The switches should all be for 3 wires, a common, an up and a down. the actual positioning of the terminals may change, but with a meter and a little testing, that should be easily be overcome. The only way to find out may be to buy the switch and see if it fits.
Old 05-26-2013, 21:14   #3 (permalink)

Re: Parts Interchangeability

I think that may be the only solution Catskinner, the issue is the terminal block that fits onto the switch is a moulding itself that carries all the terminals and bolts up to the switch posts, so its not just the overall switch size its also the terminal post underneath that needs to match up. The pictures on the Switch Doctor site all look the same for the above switches, so I might just have to pick one and see :( cheers
Jules6029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords