Report: Brandon Davis Tops SPEED World Challenge GT Podium in Ford Mustang Cobra - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford News & Ford Forum News This section contains any Ford related news as well as news related to the FordForums.com website. Only Administrators may start new threads in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-12-09, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Report: Brandon Davis Tops SPEED World Challenge GT Podium in Ford Mustang Cobra

After a consistent season with five trips to the podium in six races, Huntington Beach, California native Brandon Davis finally took the checked flag this past weekend at Mid-Ohio in his Applied Computer Solutions/Sun Microsystems Ford Mustang Cobra.

Davis started from pole and had excellent competition from the K-PAX Racing Volvo S60 driven by Andy Pilgrim, until lap 17 when Pilgrim’s car suffered mechanical issues.

“I think Andy [Pilgrim] would have been tough, had he stayed around,” said Davis. “Getting out front, I was able to breathe a little bit and just run laps. When I saw that Andy dropped out, I was able to conserve tires a little bit.”

“After being so close for so long, it feels great to finally win this year. We’ve been on the pole but in the races, we just didn’t have the pace to win. So it feels pretty good.”

More: Report: Brandon Davis Tops SPEED World Challenge GT Podium in Ford Mustang Cobra on AutoGuide.com

Last edited by administrator; 08-12-09 at 07:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Forum News & Polls > Ford News & Ford Forum News