Anyone planning to order a Ford Flex? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X Forum for the discussion of the Ford Flex, Ford Freestyle and Taurus X crossover.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 15:29   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Anyone planning to order a Ford Flex?

I actually like the look of the vehicle quite a bit, its such a departure from a standard mini van.

Anyone planning to order one?
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 01:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: Anyone planning to order a Ford Flex?

on the ford.com site when it was revealed as a concept , there were plenty of punters wanting ford to build it & they will buy it?
But with the NEW lincoln concept this year more stylish & classier i think those punters might just buy that instead of the box look of the flex jmo.
fordfreak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:16   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage

I would imagine there will be quite a big price difference between the Lincoln and the Ford tho. I'd like to see a few in person, but the pictures look pretty good.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 19:06   #4 (permalink)
canuck

The flex is a good design. I'd like it a lot better once a diesel engine option becomes available (and I'm betting it will!).
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 14:57   #5 (permalink)
Scherp

I wonder if they'll have a Country Squire option with wood?.... Kinda like the after-market stuff found on the Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Scherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:12   #6 (permalink)

Please judge me if you think I am wrong.
My wife and I went to a Ford dealer to look at the new Ford Flex last year. After we had carefully looked at the Flex and had a test drive on it. She told me that the vehicle looks alike a coffin. My wife she doesn't speak in English anyway, but the sale man agreed after I told about it to him.
To me, I think Ford uses very good material in its design, but the design and the quality in its work man ship is not in control, such as in an assembly line and the quality control on the products.
I'd like someone from Ford can give me some feedback.

Thanks,
Tony
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:22   #7 (permalink)
canuck

Tony...everyone is entitled to their personal preference and whether or not they will want a certain vehicle. In my mind, I don't think the Flex resembles a Hearse (funeral car) in any way. Wagons were the original design for the Hearse and you'd be hard pressed to get a full size coffin into the Flex without it hanging a foot or so off the back bumper.

I look at the Flex as a mini-van alternative. It employs a descent engine for its size and weight and offers better mileage in FWD trim than most minivans while handling all mini-van duties without the stigma. AWD option is there should you require it.

The sales man will agree with anything you say just to stay on your side and with any luck you'll come back for a test drive and even possibly, purchase a vehicle. He has his own opinion as well about the vehicles he sells, but as a professional he won't let them on to you. This is when you can come into lies, as a salesman will generally give you good points about the vehicle and hide any negative input even though I'm sure deep down inside, he'd love to tell you what he really thinks.
Amsoil in all vehicles!
Old 01-26-2009, 12:00   #8 (permalink)

Here is folks in my area think about Flex:

The Flex is a little too long on its shape, and the MPG should be improved more than what it is now, at least 30 miles per gallon.
I like the interior. The material seems to be beautiful. Great!
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:16   #9 (permalink)
canuck

Once Ford comes out with a 3.0L EcoBoost V6 that has the same output as the 3.7L in the newer Lincoln MXS sedan (270ish), the Edge should easily get 28mpg city in FWD form. I do believe they plan to put an EcoBoost 3.5L into the 2010 F150 that puts around 300hp, so it would only be logical to continue the trend to other models.

Now, if Ford moves up to diesel power, they could really make a killing here. Putting in a 2.5-2.8L TD I4 or I5 could easily achieve 30mpg in combined city & highway driving. I think this is where Mercedes went too far, as the 3.0L diesel is a nice smooth engine, it only averages 25mpg in their light M320 SUV. Ford already has a good platform, they just need the proper engine.
Amsoil in all vehicles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X