Ford Forums banner

Flex Transmission Problems

10K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ROBERTSUNRUS 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a Ford Flex with 13,000 miles on it. Over the weekend the transmission went out. I had it towed in to the dealership this morning. I just called and the service guy told me that it was if fact my transmission (rather than a sensor which seems to be the standard answer) so they have their transmission guy working on it. I'm happy about that but from everything I've read about Flex trans.problems I'd rather they replace it than live with a repaired one. I hope the mechanic knows his transmissions.

#2 ·
Hi,
I have a Ford Flex with 13,000 miles on it. Over the weekend the transmission went out. I had it towed in to the dealership this morning. I just called and the service guy told me that it was if fact my transmission (rather than a sensor which seems to be the standard answer) so they have their transmission guy working on it. I'm happy about that but from everything I've read about Flex trans.problems I'd rather they replace it than live with a repaired one. I hope the mechanic knows his transmissions.

:hit:Hello and good day:

Thank you for visiting our Forum. However I'm not quite sure what your question is...It sounds like you are having the situation under control.

Could you enlighten us on what your question is or what type of help we can provide..

#3 ·
Did they tell you what exactly went wrong with it? If it's a problem with bands, clutch plates, or other wearing parts then it's a simple enough fix. If there is damage from overheating or stripping of "hard parts" like the gears then they will mostly likely replace the whole transmission with a new or remanufactured unit.

#4 ·
Hi,
Hi, the choice of how they repair your transmission is not your's to make. After diagnoises and tear down, Ford will determine whether to rebuild yours, replace it with a GPD unit, or send a new one taken from the assembly line. It is sad that this happens, but that is why you have a warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.