Flex Transmission Problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X Forum for the discussion of the Ford Flex, Ford Freestyle and Taurus X crossover.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 10:23   #1 (permalink)

Flex Transmission Problems

Hi,
I have a Ford Flex with 13,000 miles on it. Over the weekend the transmission went out. I had it towed in to the dealership this morning. I just called and the service guy told me that it was if fact my transmission (rather than a sensor which seems to be the standard answer) so they have their transmission guy working on it. I'm happy about that but from everything I've read about Flex trans.problems I'd rather they replace it than live with a repaired one. I hope the mechanic knows his transmissions.
ptcharlotte_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 18:03   #2 (permalink)

Re: Flex Transmission Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcharlotte_fl View Post
Hi,
I have a Ford Flex with 13,000 miles on it. Over the weekend the transmission went out. I had it towed in to the dealership this morning. I just called and the service guy told me that it was if fact my transmission (rather than a sensor which seems to be the standard answer) so they have their transmission guy working on it. I'm happy about that but from everything I've read about Flex trans.problems I'd rather they replace it than live with a repaired one. I hope the mechanic knows his transmissions.

Hello and good day:

Thank you for visiting our Forum. However I'm not quite sure what your question is...It sounds like you are having the situation under control.

Could you enlighten us on what your question is or what type of help we can provide..
Old 10-04-2010, 20:45   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Did they tell you what exactly went wrong with it? If it's a problem with bands, clutch plates, or other wearing parts then it's a simple enough fix. If there is damage from overheating or stripping of "hard parts" like the gears then they will mostly likely replace the whole transmission with a new or remanufactured unit.
Old 10-04-2010, 22:31   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcharlotte_fl View Post
Hi,
Hi, the choice of how they repair your transmission is not your's to make. After diagnoises and tear down, Ford will determine whether to rebuild yours, replace it with a GPD unit, or send a new one taken from the assembly line. It is sad that this happens, but that is why you have a warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X