Ford shoots for 100,000 Flex sales a year - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X Forum for the discussion of the Ford Flex, Ford Freestyle and Taurus X crossover.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 12:16   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Ford shoots for 100,000 Flex sales a year

Click above for a high-res gallery of the Ford Flex.

The SUV exodus means Ford's Flex has the potential to be a hit and it's gearing up for an onslaught of orders when sales begin this summer. Ford's group veep of marketing and communications, Jim Farley, told Automotive News that consumers leaving the full-size SUV fold and others who haven't considered putting a Blue Oval badge in their garage might be ready to give something like the Flex a chance. CUV sales have been strong over the last year, and Ford and Farley believe that the Flex could rack up 100,000 sales annually if the trend continues.

Gallery: 2009 Ford Flex
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 17:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford shoots for 100,000 Flex sales a year

Crossovers are hot and people are buying them. True, because of the economy, people are going with small cars mostly, but while other large vehicles like trucks and SUVs are declining in sales, crossovers are thriving. The Ford Flex looks great and shows great promise.
FordRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 17:49   #3 (permalink)

sounds like an ambitious plan, but its an increasing market.
i like the flex- especially the large panoramic window.
f150driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:11   #4 (permalink)

I'd like to give Ford some comment here.

I work on county vehicles every day. people told me that the Flex looks ugly.
I think so too. I love the new material Ford recently replaces to it, but the style, the shape and the design are not quite right.
My partners and I went to the big dealer here on the weekend to look at a new Ford. Sale men here have not sold a Flex in weeks. There are many of them still park in the lot.
To me, I think the flex should be design a little shorter. Therefore, it needs to upgrade to a better MPG vehicle.

Tony
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 17:12   #5 (permalink)
Pantherholic

Garage

i like the Flex and the way it is designed. makes me wish i was able to afford one. guess i will stick with my 1987 Crown Vic 2 door and 1987 Grand Marquis. i ahve always been a fan of Ford vehicles, especially the boxy looking ones.
87_Crown_Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 19:24   #6 (permalink)
canuck

Ford could've made the Flex much better. Like, skipping the 3.5L and dropping in the 3.7L mazda tuned unit. Then it would be the most powerful in class until the turbo ecoboost engine debuts in a year or so. Interior is nice, but for the price I'll easily look to GM. I can get a 2wd Tahoe 5.3L V8 6 speed auto for an extra couple hundred bucks a year in fuel costs. With current incentives they're almost the same price for a mid model flex compared to a bare bones Tahoe LS. More room and utility for not much more $. GM is the one moving 100K vehicles a year...I can't see Ford moving that many Flex's.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X