Problems with the Flex and Ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X Forum for the discussion of the Ford Flex, Ford Freestyle and Taurus X crossover.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 18:34   #1 (permalink)

mad Problems with the Flex and Ford

Good Evening,
I have owned my Flex for 8 weeks and it has been in the service department for 4 of those weeks. This is my first American car in 15 years and it is not starting off well. I now understand why the American Auto Industry is in trouble. We initially liked the vehicle, but now I think I will get rid of it and go back to Japanese. I took it in for repair to chips that happened in transit, and for a major rattle in the headliner. Needless to say - service tore up my car and created at least 10 new problems. The dealer is Don Chalmers Ford in Rio Rancho, NM.

They are currently working to make it right, but my questions is this: Does anyone have any experiences they can share with me on Ford Customer service at the corporate level if the dealer cannot make this right? My car has a whopping 600 miles on it!
TeaDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 12:48   #2 (permalink)
Jay Ward

Re: Problems with the Flex and Ford

TeaDub,

Really sorry to hear about your issues with your Flex. I work in the Communications Department here in Dearborn looking after the Flex. We are already in contact with the dealer and the team in Field Operations and we hope to get to work on this issue as quickly as possible.
I realise that this is no consolation right now, but the Flex has had an excellent launch and has just been called out by Consumer Reports for its Quality. As such, we are very concerned about your issues and will look to resolve them as quickly as possible. If you wish to contact me direct, my e-mail is: jward35@ford.com
With kind regards,
Jay Ward
Ford Motor Company
jward35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 00:38   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jward35 View Post
TeaDub,

Really sorry to hear about your issues with your Flex. I work in the Communications Department here in Dearborn looking after the Flex. We are already in contact with the dealer and the team in Field Operations and we hope to get to work on this issue as quickly as possible.
I realise that this is no consolation right now, but the Flex has had an excellent launch and has just been called out by Consumer Reports for its Quality. As such, we are very concerned about your issues and will look to resolve them as quickly as possible. If you wish to contact me direct, my e-mail is: jward35@ford.com
With kind regards,
Jay Ward
Ford Motor Company
Welcome Jay

It's nice to have someone from Ford participate on this forum. Please don't be a stranger.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:39   #4 (permalink)

TeaDud,

It's great that you have someone to help you at Ford.

When I had my Ford with many problems, there was no one to help me. I was the first time buyer and Ford really turned me down for good. I hope Ford customer relation is improving now, but I would never come back to Ford again.
When I had the problem with my vehicle, I even tried to explain and prove to Ford the defective parts those kept come back one after another. For now, I am with a Honda. I don't have any problem with it as a Ford in 10 thousands miles, and matter of fact, I am very happy with it.

To me, Ford has never done a very good job in the design and quality.

Good luck to you!

Best regard,

Tony
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 21:56   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for taking the time to respond Jay - I sent an email detailing what is going on.

For everyone reading - they still have the car and will keep it next week too. That is 10 days I got to drive it - 5 weeks for them to keep it in the shop causing more problems and not repairing the initial ones.

I am hoping Jay will assist me in getting the issues resolved.
Old 03-17-2009, 19:32   #6 (permalink)

We are all good now - the dealer called today and said they are replacing the car. Thanks to Ford and my dealer!
Old 03-17-2009, 19:41   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Good Deal Lucille
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 22:10   #8 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Problems with the Flex and Ford

Let us know how your replacement does.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 22:30   #9 (permalink)

I am crying reading this post. I can't even begin to describe what I've gone through in the last 10 months with my 2010 Flex. I just got it out of the shop for it's fifth time yesterday and it will be going back in next week.

I want a buy back. I want a do over. This isn't how it's supposed to be.
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:37   #10 (permalink)

You need tp work with Ford and the Dealer 5th time usually means your states lemon law will apply. You need to contact Ford corporate and tell them what you want and why you think it is reasonable.

My daughter's Escape died while she was driving back from college it took some work but Ford covered all that I asked for most people never believed Ford would do what i wanted!
komondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Freestyle | Ford Flex | Taurus X