New Loom - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Off Topic > Pictures and Videos
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Pictures and Videos This area is for those who'd like to "Show their Stuff" Post pictures or videos of your ride, projects or anything else. Please Keep It Clean!

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 17:04   #1 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

New Loom

If you have an old, assembled resto-mod and you have a mix of the old chassis wire and the more modern loom and someone says to you, "Ya know, it'd look better if it all were blue!" or green or red or whatever color other than black), you are to immediately reach out and slap them on the back of the head. If there' response is, "Ow, but really, it'sd look so cool if..." slap them again, they didn't learn the first time.

But it does look better.

Loom1a.jpg

Loom2a.jpg

Loom3a.jpg

Yeah, it still kinda resembles a spastic octopus, but I'm still playing. Also changed out the vacuum lines for silicon blue as well. On a brighter note, ran a diagnostic today and came up with a 85 and a 234!! the 85 I knew about, kinda have to have a purge canister and solenoid not to get that diagnostic, but the other says my coil is going south! So of course, I have to get an MSD coil with an MSD distributor cap to match, might as well change the plugs and wires, oh and the ignition module actually has a crack in it. Fortunately, my wife has no idea how much I've spent on my truck over the last 3 weeks, it'd kill me. And nope, I'm not whipped, she's just got a two-fer rule. She finds out I spent a hundred bucks on me, she'll go out and spend 200 on her.
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 15:46   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: New Loom

I know you did this a while ago but thinking of doing it to mine this spring. Just to clean it up a bit

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 17:01   #3 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

You're carburated, aren't you? The original chassis wire wasn't bad, it was relooming the black. I also had the bright idea in moving things around as well.
Old 02-09-2014, 15:35   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Ya carb for now. Thinking of an injection or diesel swap. But that will be a while. Not sure if I want to do a color loom or just black.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Off Topic > Pictures and Videos