Who on this forum rides? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Off Topic > Motorcycles & More
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Motorcycles & More Here you will find discussion of all types of Motorcycles, ATV's and other Outdoor Recreational products...

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 17:46   #1 (permalink)
canuck

Who on this forum rides?

I do. My dad and I went splits on a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100. Picked it up new in London, ON. Dads an occasional rider depending on how his arthritis is doing. I also didn't want to pay full insurance on a bike as I'm quite busy with work during the summer months and am paying enough in insurance as it is each year.

This past summer I added a performance kit with a tune and it pulls much better off the line, and in the midrange up to 5500rpm and power doesnt drop off at 6Krpm as it did before the kit was installed and now pulls all the way to redline in any gear. One thing I don't overly like about it is cruising at 68mph (110km/h) the engine rolls over around 3200rpm in top gear, but it's excellent on back roads as no downshifting is necessary. Comes in at ~500lbs wet!

I had looked at getting a Harley sportster but I didn't want to pay the additional buy in cost nor the added insurance premium.

'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 04:57   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Who on this forum rides?

Gave up bikes a good few years back .Went through the Mods and Rockers era over here with scooters and bikes . Had both at different times . Many an adventure and tales on each .Nortons always were great bikes .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:51   #3 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Who on this forum rides?

Only place I see Norton's anymore is at the bike show in Toronto, ON. A few are in original condition and there were some nicely restored. There's always one for sale, but for the money I could get a new DynaGlide. I had looked at an older Triumph at the show a couple years ago but those models were plagued with electrical and mechanical problems so for the $3K more I could get one 40 years newer from the dealer!
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Off Topic > Motorcycles & More