F1:Sebastian Vettel on Italian GP pole - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Off Topic > Nascar, Indy & NHRA Racing
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Nascar, Indy & NHRA Racing Here you can discuss Racing teams, their drivers, racing events and anything else pertaining to Nascar, Indy, NHRA, or other racing...

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 10:06   #1 (permalink)
Moderators

F1:Sebastian Vettel on Italian GP pole

By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer Sebastian Vettel headed team-mate Mark Webber as Red Bull secured a one-two in qualifying at the Italian Grand Prix.

Sauber's Nico Hulkenberg took a surprise third as Ferrari's Fernando Alonso could only manage fifth behind team-mate Felipe Massa.

Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton finished back in 12th, just ahead of Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen.

It was the first time in 67 races that Hamilton has not made it into the final part of qualifying.

Play mediaLewis Hamilton 'drove like an idiot' in Italian GP qualifying
Hamilton - who has been on pole for the last four races - ran wide out of the fast final Parabolica corner and bounced over the gravel on his first run in the second part of qualifying, but he blamed himself for the failure.

"I drove like an idiot," Hamilton said. "It's the worst I've driven for a long, long time. I'm just sorry for the team."

Asked if Force India's Adrian Sutil had impeded him at Parabolica on his final lap, Hamilton said: "Yeah, but I should have done it on the previous lap. I just didn't drive well."

BBC F1 co-commentator David Coulthard said: "It's great he is so open but I feel for Lewis when he is so hard on himself. He is a great driver and he has had a great start to his Mercedes career."

BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson added: "Sergio Perez qualified outside the top 10 [also in 12th] for Sauber last year and came through to second. There is no reason for him to be so down on himself. Today is over. It's about tomorrow now."

Vettel's pole was his fourth this season and his first since Canada in June. It came after a dominant performance throughout the weekend
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Off Topic > Nascar, Indy & NHRA Racing