F1:Rubens Barrichello quits . - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Off Topic > Sports
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:31   #1 (permalink)
Moderators

F1:Rubens Barrichello quits .

Good driver and a great career in motorsport .

By CHRIS HOCKLEY

RUBENS BARRICHELLO has finally turned his back on top-class international racing — because he wants to go home.

The Brazilian made a record 322 starts in Formula One before heading to IndyCar racing when he lost his Williams drive at the end of 2011.

He had intended to continue in IndyCar in 2013, but with no definite deal in place and funding hard to come by, he decided to pack his bags and head back to Brazil.

Barrichello will compete in a Peugeot in his homeland’s top championship, the Stock Car V8 series for power-packed touring cars.

He said: “After my 20-plus years representing Brazil racing all over the world, it is time to come home.

“It will be amazing to race in my home country again, while allowing me to be closer to family. I have a lot of enthusiasm for what this perfect fit will bring.”

Barrichello, 40, won 11 grands prix in his 19 years at the top with ******, Stewart, Ferrari, Honda, Brawn and Williams.

His switch to IndyCar was greeted with fevered anticipation.

And although he managed to finish just 12th in his rookie season, driving for KV Racing, he was expected to challenge for wins in 2013.

But now he will concentrate on the Stock Car V8s — a series that has attracted several other Brazilians of worldwide repute, including ex-F1 aces Ricardo Zonta, Luciano Burti and Antonio Pizzonia.
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Off Topic > Sports