Broken gauge cluster fix? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Do it Yourself - How-To > .
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 14:51   #1 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage
Read Broken gauge cluster fix?

So my cluster on my 03 zx3 D23 manual had a slightly dimmed check engine light, and after searching through wiring diagrams, I found that what controls when the light is triggered is inside the gauge cluster itself.

Now I know in the past we have all said something like, they are not serviceable.

But after talking with a good buddy of mine at Ford, he gave me some information?

Now in the past the only way to get this fixed is to buy a new one, or give it to Ford, well Ford has to send it to someone right? Well I got the info for where Ford sends their gauge clusters to be fixed.

It's a place in N.Y called "United Electronics", They specialize in anything that has to do with a car and electronics, and some other fields of electronics in other vehicles and/or building.

But what you have to do is call them at 1-800-634-8606, and let them know that you will be sending it to them. The person there will send you shipping print outs for sending it there and back, they send it to your email, then you sit there and package it up and on a piece of paper write a description of the problem, and a phone number to contact you for when they diagnose it, also include a return address on the paper, and put it in the box with the cluster.

They will get it and test it, then they will call you with a estimate to fix it, and you can either agree to the price, or they send it back and you spend nothing but postage.

Hope this helps, it should, a new one programed from Ford is nearly $400, otherwise you got to try to find a used one meant for your specific car, and hope the millage is close if it from a junkyard or Ebay.

Website of place> http://unitedradio.com/

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 15:02   #3 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage
Re: Broken gauge cluster fix?

Wow, seems you don't have the problem that we do over here. I mean there are a hand full over here, but finding a good one that does everything? That's hard, well... not any more.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Do it Yourself - How-To > .