Ford Forums banner

How-to: Remove remote mirror switch.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  prometheis 
#1 ·
I finally bought a new OEM switch and found 2 plastic squeeze type prongs just below the lip; 1 is centered at the top of "left/off/right" switch, the 2nd is located on the left (door) side of the "joystick" toggle switch just above the lower left corner.

To lift the switch from the armrest, I recommend using 2 medium width flathead screwdrivers, one to keep the switch from re-seating in the armrest and one to work on the prong. Be careful not mar/scratch the armrest! Start at the top of the switch first, once loose you can spend a little more time getting the 2nd prong to release, keeping a screwdriver between the switch and the armrest. It will take some effort to pull the switch up to access the wiring, if you enjoy puzzles you'll enjoy this part.

Once the wiring is accessible check the colors of the wires to see how the harness is orientated on the switch (mine had 2 green wires toward the door). I used 2 smaller width screwdrivers, known as cabinet screwdrivers; one to lift up on the wirings slot/latch bracket and the other to push the wiring harness off the switch. Be careful not to break the slot/latch, it's very flimsy (historically I usually break the slot/latch but this time I guess I was lucky).

Lastly, reconnect the new switch and test it (key on "ACC") before sliding the switch back in....Good Luck!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.