Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars - View Single Post - Can you over-restore a car?
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 02-07-05, 03:50 PM
xcgxl

Re: Can you over-restore a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I personally wouldn't change anything other than internal engine stuff on my classics, part of the enjoyment of owning a classic musclecar is wrestling the heavy steering and the wallowy suspension or crap brakes! its all part of the classic experience!
ive got a modern BAXR8 that has all the good stuff on it!!!
My GXL has all the good stuff on it. Auto, Air, steer, power windows, Marquis power seat bases, remote central locking, 4 wheel disks. If I wanted to I could fit front struts, rack and pinion steering and coil overs on the rear. It will just about outrun a new XR8 as well but could use an overdrive cause it will nowhere near keep up on fuel economy! It doesnt have ABS (which is only needed for non-driver panickers) or airbags (which were only invented because the yanks are too fat or too arrogant to wear seatbelts), lol. It aint a GT but its one hell of a comfortable cruiser. I know a guy who doesnt like driving his XB GT because his MANUAL Holden Jackaroo is more comfortable to drive,

1978 XC Fairmont GXL, Emerald green, Jade Int. 351C, 750 VAC, C10, 9" LSD
Air, steer, power windows................

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome