Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars - View Single Post - Can you over-restore a car?
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 02-08-05, 12:33 AM
JG33PY
socially irresponsible

Re: Can you over-restore a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
My exterior bodywork is 100% stock with all the GXL tinsle. New B45s 16s in place of Globes! I also have period style VDO gauges, (they made the same ones for 30 years!) and a deep dish SAAS leather wheel, and (groan) Aunger rear louvre to keep the sun off my seats. Other then some braid/gold and chrome rocker covers and air cleaner my engine bay is stock as a rock with all the original gear in its original place + ceramic coated manifold and extractors. The only thing that is different is the coil has been mooved to under the battery. I am fitting a set of BA thermos soon though. (Dont you just love my belt driven supercharger?? -refer to defects post for an explanation, lol) Interior is getting re trimmed as original except for the gauges and wheel. Theres a couple of pics in my gallery.

what you've done there xcgxl is what i'm on about. you've personalised your car without going over the top. looks very nice. what size rims did you put on the rear? those new b45's look sweet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome