Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars - View Single Post - Any other early 70s Galaxy 500 owners
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
tommydog

Re: Any other early 70s Galaxy 500 owners

Still haven't got pictures. Forgot my camera on my last trip. But changed out the master cylinder, aired the tires up, took it to the car wash & got it cleaned up a little. Took it for a drive. It ran out great, way better than I expected. It still has the factory bottom radiator hose & heater hoses. The only mechanical things to do is convert A/C to R134A, rebuild the carb, it is leaking gas at the accelerator pump. Install new fan belts, put on the new bottom radiator hose in the truck just because.
Then need a seat reupholstered & new head liner, misc small stuff. It has new radial tires in 225/75/15 tires. I will have dual exhaust put on, & might try & find a set of mag wheels.
So I'm pretty pleased with with my buy. I bought it right. My buddy owns several collectable cars, this being one of the least as a collector car. He pretty much gave it to me. I have bought several cars from him over the years. In fact two of our vehicles our F150 & Crown Vic came through him.
I'll get pictures up when I get them.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome