Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars - View Single Post - Advice on buying a Thunderbird...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
battanv8

Advice on buying a Thunderbird...

Hey everyone,
I am new to the forums and wanted some advice on buying a Ford Thunderbird. There is a 1991 3.8 with automatic transmission available in my area, it has 117,000 miles and one owner. It was in a little fender bender but still has a clean title. The second one is 1995 4.6 with an automatic transmission. I do not know much about it because I am waiting for a reply from the owner. All I know is that it was parked for "a while" but it runs. There is also a 1994 Ford Taurus SHO in the area with 145k, automatic transmission and was parked for about 3 years but runs and drives. It has a coolant leak near the radiator and power steering pump leak. If anyone has any advice regarding these vehicles and can point me in the best direction please let me know. I know every car is unique and dependent on how the previous owner cared for it, but are there any specific model years prone to problems?

I had a 2007 Ford Fusion but was recently rear-ended. I have decided to buy a mid-90s Ford instead because of the lower price and I really liked the style back then.

Thank you in advance for your help.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome