Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars - View Single Post - A few modding questions
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-19, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
mthomp8984

Question

Hey folks,

Been lurking for a while; I think this is my first post. Long time Ford owner. First Ford was a hand-me-down from my Dad: 72 Custom 500 Wagon. 2 BR, no bath. OK, not that big. Next Ford for me was a 75 Torino wagon that I transplanted the drivetrain from the 72 into. Followed over the years by: 87 Mustang LX 5.0 (heavily modified), 78 Mustang King Cobra, 68 Mustang Fastback, 99 Taurus SL sedan (Vulcan motor), 96 Explorer 4x4, 2001 Sable Wagon (Vulcan), and currently a 99 Taurus SE wagon with the Duratec DOHC. It's this car that I'm modding. I have some plans once I acquire another DD to do an engine swap. In the meantime, I want to do some convenience, appearance, and "make it unique" mods. Hoping others might have some suggestions.

1.) I live in an area with well lit roads and I have good night vision, so I put my headlights on auto. I'd like to find a way to have them NOT light until the car is started or moving. I know the 99 wouldn't have a park sense wire. Any suggestions how to accomplish this?

2.) I'd like to add a rear spoiler. I like the looks of wagons with a rear spoiler over the window and or coming off the roof. I'm thinking I'd mount it near the rear of the roof since adding it directly to the glass might have repercussions with vibration and anyway, it would overload the lifts. Something like in the photo attached, but I'm open to thinner ones. Suggestions?

3.) I'll add this to the wanted section under Marketplace, but since we're both here... anyone got a Gen3 Taurus EATC radio faceplate? Lead on one? Know someone with old stock?

I'm looking for a radio faceplate to use an aftermarket head unit, either single DIN or double DIN (double preferred). The faceplate to use with electronic temp (EATC).

Thanks in advance. Hope the new year is treating you well,
mthomp

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome