what to do? looking to upgrade on engine - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-04, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

what to do? looking to upgrade on engine

i have a 95 probe SE with a 135000 and want to upgrade to a v6 and looking to get the most out of my car. lookiing to see what it will cost? What should be the first modifications?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-04, 08:52 AM

Re: what to do? looking to upgrade on engine

It would be easier to sell it and buy a GT.

Stacy94PGT
My first car was a 67 Mustang Coupe, 2nd one was a 67 Cougar XR-7, 3rd one was a 66 Mustang Coupe. Why did I get rid of these cars for ? I know why, because I'm stupid, stupid, stupid.

My next Ford.....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-04, 11:00 PM

Re: what to do? looking to upgrade on engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24bell
i have a 95 probe SE with a 135000 and want to upgrade to a v6 and looking to get the most out of my car. lookiing to see what it will cost? What should be the first modifications?
If your in the U.S. I'd agree with the previous reply as car prices seem extremely cheap. If this isn't the case I wouldn't get all excited about the standard V6 GT engine delivering ball tearing performance either. I've got one & whilst I love it to death, wouldn't call it a high performance engine. I recently drove a straight 6 turbo (not Probe) & thought I was in a V8 rocket on steriods. I haven't stopped thinking about the possibilities of putting a turbo into the Probe ever since. From what I've read turbos seem to increase power by 50% & that's without messing around with anything else. Maybe you could turbo the 4 cylinder & be just as happy....without worrying & spending on all the mods necessary to put a 6 in.

Cold & warm air intakes are another option but the jury (in my mind) is still out on them. Sounds to me like you get moderate performance increases but also introduce risks which could lessen the life of the engine. Food for thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum