2004 3.0 6cyl ford ranger edge - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-22-17, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

2004 3.0 6cyl ford ranger edge

Just recently bought a ford ranger with 187k miles on it, thought about having a turbo and cold air intake installed at a autoshop, wanted opinions if 1.its worth it or it should last a long time 2. Prices on how much those installments would cost seperatly. Truck runs great for the miles, although it doesn't seem to have as much power as my 4.0l V6 vortex Chevy s10, it has exhaust mods that I didn't install but I thought it was worth asking about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-17, 06:21 AM
Dazed and Confused

Re: 2004 3.0 6cyl ford ranger edge

Before diving into the expense, I'd suggest considering a rebuild of the engine due to the high mileage, and looking into the transmission and rear axle. Not sure to what extent you're going to boost it, stock, the truck was rated for 148 Hp and 185 ft-lbs of torque. The 4.0 was rated for 207\238. The drive train is probably rated for the 4.0, so you can probably easily boost that far, but if you're looking to go beyond that, you'll have to take this into consideration. As far as getting it done separately, it'll cost you more in the end.

Ever notice that there's so many high performance parts available for GM products?

Did you ever think that maybe they NEED them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum